Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By RobW
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just ordered my copy (only 7 left according to Amazon!)

As an over enthusiastic student I am currently devouring all things aviation, finished First Light and Propellerhead over the weekend so looking forward to getting stuck in!
JAFO, tr7v8 liked this
By JAFO
RobW wrote:As an over enthusiastic student I am currently devouring all things aviation, finished First Light and Propellerhead over the weekend so looking forward to getting stuck in!

I am honoured to be in such company. They are both huge favourites of mine.
RobW liked this
By Jim Jones
Bought it on the basis of the introduction, so well written.

I’ll get back to you about the remaining 359 pages. :thumleft:
JAFO liked this
By MattL
Really enjoyed it, and the positive outlook on life and not just the flying. So sad to read of the NPAS situation though. Sadly the decision making doesn’t seem unusual from what I’ve seen elsewhere.
JAFO, T6Harvard liked this
By Rob L
My copy arrived today :thumleft: ; I have promised myself that I will not revisit this thread until I have read it; I don't want any spoilers.
TTFN on this thread, Rob
JAFO liked this
By MachFlyer
Had to buy on kindle so I can zoom the text as eyes are getting bad now. Really enjoying it and have left a quick review. Loving the bits of history woven into the story :thumleft:
JAFO liked this
By johnm
I've now reached the bit where the UK has gone bonkers and phrases like "Triumph of form over substance" and "Penny wise pound foolish" (not used by the author, he's a bit more succinct :D ) are beginning to have an impact. It's a compelling and enjoyable read.....
JAFO liked this
By JAFO
MachFlyer wrote:Had to buy on kindle so I can zoom the text as eyes are getting bad now. Really enjoying it and have left a quick review. Loving the bits of history woven into the story :thumleft:

Thanks for the review, Mach. Very much appreciated. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. One of our former pilots told me that it was just like flying with me again as I was forever pointing at things out of the window and boring them with bits of history. :thumright:
MachFlyer liked this
By Hooligan
Miscellaneous wrote:@MattL Oi, no spoilers please. :lol:

I've finished but alcohol has intervened to stop me leaving my impressions.

However... the bit about JAFO being lowered into the active volcano just NE of Sudbury had me on the edgiest edge of my seat, then when he - temporarily identifying as she - entered the girls' changing rooms at... ahhhh, but you don't want to know this.
JAFO liked this
By johnm
Finished it, an entertaining and thought provoking read and in some ways a fascinating insight into the way things have changed in the UK since 2010.....a good complement to Fake Law..... :D

If you haven't read it yet, you need to address that omission in your life.
JAFO liked this