Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JAFO
TopCat wrote:It was £1 off when I ordered it from Blackwells the other day, still with free delivery.

Hope that's not £1 that you're not getting!

Probably, the author is the last one in line. :wink:
By JAFO
kanga wrote:And 'Worrals goes East' (1944) has Flight Officer Joan Worralson WAAF acting in a 'police support' role (in wartime Mesopotamia) :)

We didn't get many calls to Mesopotamia though a lot of my old RAF colleagues seem to have spent quite a while in the area.
kanga liked this
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:
TopCat wrote:It was £1 off when I ordered it from Blackwells the other day, still with free delivery.

Hope that's not £1 that you're not getting!

Probably, the author is the last one in line. :wink:

I owe you a pint then :cheers:

Unless the book is awful, obvs ;)
JAFO, davenuk liked this
By JAFO
I know some forumites are Norfolk and Suffolk based. If you'd like your copy signed or if you'd like to buy a signed copy, I'll be at Halesworth Bookshop from 11 tomorrow (Latitude traffic willing).
T6Harvard liked this
By Crash one
Loco parentis
If the police were allowed to search for a suspected villain, apprehend, judge the level of guilt, set the level of punishment and administer that punishment without reference to the justice system, what would you call that?

My own opinion, not based on JAFOs book is that far more helicopters should be used by all of the emergency services. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Coast guard, Lifeboat. Simply because their main function depends on rapid response. The cost should not be a factor and it should promote the development of better ideas than that flailing windmill on top!
I was never involved in civvy police, just an occasional passenger for Crash and Rescue RN fashion in the 60s.
avtur3 liked this
By JAFO
Thanks @Crash one - if you get the chance to leave a few words by way of review on Amazon (regardless of where you bought it) then that would be appreciated. Every review or rating on there makes a real difference to an unknown writer and a small, independent publishing house.

Glad you like it.
Crash one liked this
By Crash one
Review submitted, hope it helps :D

How’s the Ticker after five years by the way?
JAFO liked this
By JAFO
Crash one wrote:Review submitted, hope it helps :D

Still ticking, thanks Crash. Yours must have just had its sixth birthday, hope you're still doing fine and dandy. Your words inspired me at one of the most difficult points in my life, I'm glad my words have entertained you a little in return. :thumleft:
Crash one liked this
By Crash one
JAFO wrote:
Crash one wrote:Review submitted, hope it helps :D

Still ticking, thanks Crash. Yours must have just had its sixth birthday, hope you're still doing fine and dandy. Your words inspired me at one of the most difficult points in my life, I'm glad my words have entertained you a little in return. :thumleft:

Good to hear that. :thumleft:
Mine is also still fine, though what used to be 65kg of spring steel is mutating into 57kg of annealed copper wire! Although still getting airborne.
JAFO liked this
By JAFO
Loco parentis wrote:JAFO

I think that some of my comments slightly sidetracked your promotion. I apologize. I know what my penance will be and I'll place a review.

Not a problem at all. Thank you very much for offering a review, five stars will definitely grant your absolution. :wink:
By JAFO
tr7v8 wrote:Just ordered from Amazon, note if you go to smile,amazon.co.uk you donate to a charity of your choice at no cost to you.

Thanks for the Amazon review, @tr7v8 - I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the book.

Thanks to anyone else who's left one, too; sometimes the names on here and on there make it difficult to tell who's who but they're all appreciated.
tr7v8 liked this