Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Oldfart
Very clunky website. Booked two slots, then told I had to pay first. Won’t accept copy and paste of the long ID.
Only one slot has appeared on the return EMail.
I’ll try again later!!
By JonBoy
I’ve booked my slot ok, confirmed as successful on the screen and it DID accept cut and paste for me. But I’ve not had the emailed receipt though that you have to print/ show. (Only an email with receipt of payment).
By Oldfart
As above, me too

One other comment.
Re the ban on simultaneous departures off both runways, probably causing long departure delays.
Use the proven flagman system. At each holding point, each aircraft flagged away as soon as either previous aircraft halfway down the runway/ or airborne. Then immediate 20 deg turn left or right to give separation. Simple.
By MikeW
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JonBoy wrote:I’ve booked my slot ok, confirmed as successful on the screen and it DID accept cut and paste for me. But I’ve not had the emailed receipt though that you have to print/ show. (Only an email with receipt of payment).

Do you think there should be another receipt? I assumed it was this one, but it's poor that there is nothing that confirms your slot time (other than an on screen message when you do it.)
By CloudHound
I've been to http://www.aircraftflagmen.com to try to book a few.

Unfortuantely they were fully employed very successfully at Oskosh and due to Covid travel restrictions and the need for a rest aren't available. :lol:

But seriously, we did look at that but training/competence/accountability put it in the too hard basket. I'm a trained and qualified a/c marshaller from my time at MAN but wouldn't take that job on.
By JonBoy
MikeW wrote:
JonBoy wrote:I’ve booked my slot ok, confirmed as successful on the screen and it DID accept cut and paste for me. But I’ve not had the emailed receipt though that you have to print/ show. (Only an email with receipt of payment).

Do you think there should be another receipt? I assumed it was this one, but it's poor that there is nothing that confirms your slot time (other than an on screen message when you do it.)

Ah, I’d assumed (even though my favourite expression is “never assume anything”) that there would be an email with confirmation of slot time etc like we used to get - but maybe you’re right @MikeW and there won’t be anything else! With my memory I’m pleased I screenshot my slot booking otherwise I’d have forgotten the slot time by now…..!
By CloudHound
Site says tempo closed

THE BOOKING SYSTEM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED WHILST WE WORK ON SOME TEETHING ISSUES - PLEASE BEAR WITH US AND WE'LL HAVE IT RUNNING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
By LysanderV8
It’s back up and happily taken my money. Still waiting for an email with the reference so I can actually book a slot.
How long I wonder will it be?!!
By MikeW
When you click the link in
" I confirm that I have read and understood the CAA instructions prior to booking."
it takes you to a Sywell protocol for normal operations, nothing to do with the CAA :?:
By MikeW
LysanderV8 wrote:It’s back up and happily taken my money. Still waiting for an email with the reference so I can actually book a slot.
How long I wonder will it be?!!

Don't wait for an email with that, it comes up on screen -

Click the payment link and a new window will open for you to make your payment. Once your payment is confirmed you will be given a WEBSITE PAYMENT ID. You need this ID to make your booking below. Copy JUST the code - so it will look like this:

1626071336-bj5aluci12161h2cep0aj2bbh7
then return to this page and enter this whole code into the Website ID box.
By CloudHound
Drive in/walk in bookings available now according to this from LAA
Dear LAA Member

New for this year! Sywell Aerodrome is introducing online booking and pre-payment for general admission to the LAA Rally. The booking portal will be available from Monday 16th August. Go to https://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/event ... laa-rally/

Please ensure you print off your receipt as proof of payment.

On line entrance charges to the event are as follows:

LAA, BMAA & BRA Members £6 (plus booking fee). Covers access for all three days of the rally including airside access. Please ensure that you have your current membership card with you at the rally for discounted entrance

Non Members £15 (plus booking fee). Covers access to the exhibition site for all three days but not airside access.

Non members airside access £10 per day payable on the day.

Plus don't forget you can also pre-pay your campsite fee online for just £25 per unit (saving £10 on the day). The single price of £25.00 per unit covers all 3 days irrespective of length of stay (a unit being a tent, caravan or motorhome). Normal price on the day is £35.00.

Go to to http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... ation.html book in advance.

Regards

LAA

By TheFarmer
The LAA video that’s circulating Facebook has Dave saying the frequency is 122.705, and the video text saying it’s 122.075…. :scratch:

Also, I still don’t really get why there needs to be so much overtaking between departing the Pitsford Merry-go-Round, and joining base leg.

All aircraft that can fly at 120 knots don’t NEED to fly at 120 kts. All aircraft can safely fly, in various configurations, at (say) 70 kts, so why can’t people just do this to avoid the one part of the system that always causes chaos and results in so many go-arounds and 2 mile downwind legs being forced upon people?

The numerous times I’ve flown in, there’s always one Jonny Concrete who feels the need to blast past at 140 kts when people are trying to filter in.

A bit like a speed limit in a pits lane. Just to ensure that the filtering onto final is smooth.

Just saying…
TopCat liked this
By CloudHound
It is 122.705.

Agree about speeds and if I’d had more time having a suggested pattern speed would have been proposed for the AIC.

Next time hopefully.