Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
So glad you asked that. I thought I was the only one :oops:

Rob P
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Obviously a fan of Lando Norris - young British driver for McLaren.
By Rob P
Sometimes I fear modern 'culture' has left me behind. :?

Rob P
T6Harvard liked this
By akg1486
Rob P wrote:Sometimes I fear modern 'culture' has left me behind. :?

Rob P

The character Lando was in the second Star Wars movie in 1980. So while you might question 'culture', it's definitely not 'modern'. :D

The lad drivning F1 is far younger, of course. And a really good driver.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
akg1486 wrote:The character Lando was in the second Star Wars movie in 1980. So while you might question 'culture', it's definitely not 'modern'. :D.

He also reappeared (briefly) in the most recent Star Wars film. Probably about the same age as @Rob P.

Iceman 8)
By akg1486
Iceman wrote:
akg1486 wrote:The character Lando was in the second Star Wars movie in 1980. So while you might question 'culture', it's definitely not 'modern'. :D.

He also reappeared (briefly) in the most recent Star Wars film. Probably about the same age as @Rob P.

Iceman 8)

If Mr Norris Sr named his son after the character, it would have been the one from 1980. Lando is young, but not that young. :lol:
Iceman liked this
By neil9327
I flew up to see the Grand Prix today, and did a few "laps" of the circuit. But I didn't get much by the way of racing cars to see, owing to Verstappen running off the course on the first lap, leading to the race being stopped. Fortunately uninjured, the yellow dot you can just make out on the tarmac, bottom left, is the ambulance to take him to hospital for a precautionary checkup.