Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
CloudHound wrote:But Boeing adopted incremental series improvements to their model range.
Disruptive newcomers like Musk and Fitzgerald drive change at pace.

Who is that in aviation?
Airbus? A320 story similar to 737 over the last 30 years.
The Chinese? They are busy building coal fired power stations while we navelgaze.

Engines are % increases in efficiency. Materials similarly though thats also about cheaper manufacturing and maintenance. Avionics absolutely. But what is being talked about is a step change. Its pistons to turbofans difference, anyone remember Hotol?? Id like to see it, I would, but today we also expect super-high safety regulation as well which takes time to do properly, because as the MAX shows, shortcuts dont work.

I think its going to be something like biofuel, carbon re-capture or as I was reading about the other day, CO2 injection into depleted oilwells.

Regards, SD..
MikeB liked this
By TLRippon
We are looking at a total reset of transport.

After the reset, like the first time around, travel will become a domain of the rich and powerful. They will continue to fly while the plebs languish below telling tales of how their forefathers were spirited magically through the sky to the nirvana that was Benidorm.
Skegness will be to Britain what the Caspian Sea resorts were to the Soviets but at least they could fly there.
Flyingkeyboard liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As I'm unlikely to be alive let alone flying I think I might give this one a miss....