Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Whiffletree
OK, talking theoretically. Let's say you have completed the flying hours requirement in the last year and also the flight with an examiner. However you have just checked your licence and realised the SEP rating validity expired a few days ago at the end of the last month. Can you get an instructor to sign the revalidation form by experience a few days after the expiry date or do you need him to backdate it to when the rating was still valid?
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Whiffletree wrote:OK, talking theoretically. Let's say you have completed the flying hours requirement in the last year and also the flight with an examiner.

Think you must mean instructor not examiner?
However you have just checked your licence and realised the SEP rating validity expired a few days ago at the end of the last month. Can you get an instructor to sign the revalidation form by experience a few days after the expiry date or do you need him to backdate it to when the rating was still valid?

You've expired, you need a flight test with examiner called a prof check, after an instructor or ato/dto has signed an srg1107 course completion certificate to say you are recommended for test.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Don't forget "by experience" revals can be signed with fewer hours than 12 this month, trading in excess t/o&l and possibly an extra 30 mins dual, depending on how much below 12 you want to go. Page 2 of www.higherplane.co.uk/bfr-ground.pdf
By oldbiggincfi
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:oldbiggincfi, you seem to have the wrong end of the stick.

I am referring to the totally legal way of doing real flying, correctly logged, and doing the biennial training flight(s) with an instructor and signed by that instructor.
Why wait to the last month of the biennial cycle to satisfy all the requirements, risking being unable to do it all either due to unexpected health issue or AME unavailability or aircraft serviceability or aircraft unavailability (heavily booked) or airfield closure due to waterlogging etc, or unavailability of a FE or FI with FCL945 to do the reval paperwork, or the ultimate of unpredictable events, a pandemic!

The ultimate of unpredictable events, a pandemic got me

Looking at my licences 2 professional and 1 Sailplane also an in date instructor rating but the SEP needs renewal .
legally and at my age would not have been sensible to renew .

Haven't decided whether to bother

I won't take to the Air illegally but tempting as the best care home for us older folk is prison ( Maybe)

Yes it's a joke
flybymike liked this