Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
There are many restaurants serving fine British, even English cuisine. Quite a few hold Michelin stars. (For whatever that’s worth?!) A good number just in my own small corner of the frozen north.

https://guide.michelin.com/gb/en/east-riding-of-yorkshire/south-dalton/restaurant/pipe-and-glass

Perhaps your budget, or your prejudice , simply won’t stretch?

Of course if we are simply talking of domestic efforts, it’s certainly the case that a large number of Anglo-Saxon types focus more on working hard, for long hours and paying their taxes, rather than finding the time to relax over meals with friends/family. Some other nearby cultures are demonstrably not so ‘afflicted’ or ‘encumbered’.
mick w liked this
As a rubbish negotiator I am happy for my DH to take over; he is way better at it. My people skills are vanishingly small and I understand my limitations.
But I have learned a few things in my time on the earth - bitching without a solution is just bitching. You need to have a preferred outcome and you must communicate that to the "other side". Many people just wait for a "suggestion" and are then unhappy that they didn't get what they want. Any solution where one side gets what they want and the other side is left feeling conned, or hard done by, is a bad solution and productive relationships, generally, don't ensue.
Bald Sparrow, kanga liked this
A4 Pacific wrote:There are many restaurants serving fine British, even English cuisine. Quite a few hold Michelin stars. (For whatever that’s worth?!) A good number just in my own small corner of the frozen north.

https://guide.michelin.com/gb/en/east-riding-of-yorkshire/south-dalton/restaurant/pipe-and-glass

Perhaps your budget, or your prejudice , simply won’t stretch?

Of course if we are simply talking of domestic efforts, it’s certainly the case that a large number of Anglo-Saxon types focus more on working hard, for long hours and paying their taxes, rather than finding the time to relax over meals with friends/family. Some other nearby cultures are demonstrably not so ‘afflicted’ or ‘encumbered’.

You win today's prize for oddest rambling post.

Regarding my dining at Michelin starred restaurants? Dined at one just two days ago. That's a very Harry Enfield "Richer than yow" post on your part.
I can’t find the photo now but I was very amused in Bangalore a few years go to see a huge billboard advertising “Curry English-style”
Rob P liked this
In one of the industries I used to do business in, the people who really fancied themselves weren't the negotiators. They were the re-negotiators.
Basically what happens is that when a major contractor wins a job by undercutting the others once they start work they realise how badly they have cocked up the estimate of the costs and that they are in for a financial hiding. The re-negotiators then start to work on the suppliers and contractors to bully them into accepting a lower price for their bit of the work.
And I mean bully. They didn't negotiate. They were not nice people.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
RisePilot wrote:

That is such a poorly written request, I can see why you got a short/sharp "no". That is not how you get what you want.

Whoever approached the insurer in this manner did a disservice to the person in question.

Come on then Shakespeare - lets see what you can do, but whatever weasel words you "negotiators" are able to put together, most people can see right through the b*llsh+t and still give the same answer. If its their policy not to cover Wingly flights then thats it, what makes you think that you can dress up a simple request, as thats what it is, with a dozen paragraphs of BS will get any further; it just wastes everyones time.

One thing I dislike intensely is those with 2020 hindsight giving advice especially if it includes things like, "you dont want to do it like that."