Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JJMurphy
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
With trips over the Channel still somewhat on the distant horizon thoughts have turned to visiting some of the places closer to home. Now double jabbers seem to be welcome to visit the Isle of Man.

https://www.visitisleofman.com/visitor- ... nformation

Any current(ish) view on the best GA handling / parking options for a few days worth of a visit? The usual trawl of the forum has not shown up anything less than a 3 or 4 years old.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
BoeingBoy wrote:What a complete Faff to get in. Frankly I'll wait until sanity returns;

By the time you've completed all the admin, it's not worth the visit.

Two online forms and an upload from the NHS App? Looks like a 5 minute faff.

Imo it will be a long time before we can travel anywhere with less virtual paperwork than that.
By Iceman
Pooleys states that

Handling is mandatory for all aircraft requiring access to the Main Apron via;
Isle of Man Flight Training Ltd, Tel: 01624 829537 or 07624 488580. < 3000 kg.

Try giving them a call for details. I haven’t visited there for 20 years but did get a radar service from them last weekend whilst returning from Glenforsa. Local traffic was operating.

Iceman 8)
By JJMurphy
I'll start the calling around and find out what I can and will share back more here. The original post was to see if anyone has recent experience but given what we've all been living through I guess the answer is not.
I can't really help but I did take a customer's C210 back there after maintenance about a month ago. They were still really cautious about Covid and only wanted me to park up and then get into the ferry aircraft without coming into contact with anyone else or going into buildings etc. The number of cases have been very low on the island but apparently a ferry worker became infected and they went into lockdown again.
I didn't need handling because it was a based aircraft. ATC were very helpful and it was very quiet as you might expect.
JJMurphy liked this
I have done a flight there today and used ‘The Private Jet Centre’ for handling as ‘Rendezvous’ are long gone despite their website still being viewable. A few email exchanges prior to the visit, and altogether we paid just under £65, but we were only there for the day. We also got told that it wasn’t normally as cheap a price as that, so I don’t really know why we got this cheaper price. Me and my passenger had to go onto the IOM government website and fill out the forms to obtain a vaccine exemption certificate and then once the reference number for that came through (almost immediately), we had to use that to fill out another form to get a landing card. Not as bad as it sounded. As part of the vaccine exemption certificate application we had to upload our vaccine card to prove we’d both been double jabbed and that our second jab was more than a fortnight ago.
PA28, B1engineer, kanga and 1 others liked this