Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Quite hard to discern the altitude of the TDA but given flights up to 400 ft the TDA is likely to be up to 1000ft to ensure separation.

Not great....especially for the heli fraternity.
By Peter Gristwood
Sounds like the statement was written by a 6th form student

"Safety wise"
"Operational Wise"
"Technical Wise" etc

And using the magic words "In support of the NHS response to Covid 19"

Oh and the minutes of the meeting were quite interesting. One statement described a previous RPAV demo as taking facemasks as a PR stunt. I'm not sure the proposed operator has all the necessary knowledge, but sees a business opportunity here
Having worked at the sharpest of the sharp ends in the NHS for 40 years I really do wonder who are the real proponents behind this proliferation of drone usage in the NHS. It would be really interesting to see the business case that describes exactly what specimens need delivering with such urgency, and the anticipated frequency of use. In the main if tests need to be done frequently or urgently there is provision for “near patient testing”. Also, I wonder who is picking up the bill at the moment? If it’s the drone company how much will this service cost once the period of altruism (and Covid) is over?

The near equivalent is the use of blood bikes, and they run as a charity with extremely dedicated volunteers. I’ve often wondered if they would be used if the NHS had to buy their services.

Dan
johnm, RisePilot, Flyin'Dutch' and 2 others liked this
By CloudHound
Latest news - Extended Stakeholder Engagement period now live until end of Feb 22
http://www.morecambebaydrones.com/

Link to CAA ACP Portal
https://airspacechange.caa.co.uk/PublicProposalArea?pID=371

From their website
Communicating with other Airspace users
We will be offering a Danger Area Crossing Service through BAe at Warton.
We will utilise the NOTAM system to inform other airspace users as to our operations and will provide this 24 hours before activation. We will split the TDA into route sections and we will only activate the minimum routes required. We will issue a single NOTAM that details all of the operations.
We have a comprehensive communication system in place, which can automatically text, for example, ATDs and ETAs to anyone that requires that information, and we can also provide Pre-Flight Information for the TDA via the dedicated telephone number.
In the event of the emergency services requiring access to the airspace within a TDA, they will be given priority over RPAS traffic and we can collapse the TDA very quickly if necessary.
Our RPAS is equipped with ADS-B and a Mode S Transponder for electronic conspicuity.

There's a response dialogue box towards the bottom of the page.