Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
No, not MichaelP's favorite, the pre-war airliner and wartime maritime reconnaissance / bomber.

The start:

Nearly at the end:

It took a while, but it's nice to see another extinct warrior come back to life, or at least to display.

https://fw200-restaurierung-bremen.de/2 ... 7/summary/

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAFO, nallen, MichaelP and 3 others liked this
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trigger's broom...

But it will not fly? You'd have almost thought, with all that effort (and Airbus funding and facilities available) they might as well have made it flightworthy? Or am I naively assuming that the extra step up would not have been another factor of 10 of effort and cost?
Morten wrote:Am I naively assuming that the extra step up would not have been another factor of 10 of effort and cost?

1) It would be a huge step up in cost and effort

2)There is a reluctance to fly sole surviving examples

3) Someone would have to assume design authority.

It's a pity though. This and Kermit Weeks's Sandringham would make a great airshow pairing.

Rob P
By Morten
Rob P wrote:Yes, but rusting more slowly as it is headed for indoor display at Templehof. :thumleft:

Tsk. I will see your Templehof and raise you a Stanstead.

Tempelhof, dammit!

Well worth a visit, of course. The Tempelhof building and history itself is already very interesting - if they add static displays as well ... I need to go back ;)
Rob P, kanga liked this
By Dave W
It looks like it does not have the military gondola under the fuselage.

I wonder if they plan to replace that (presumably the donor wreck had one?) or whether it will be displayed as a civilian variant?
I think they gave up the idea of civilianising it. The absence of cabin windows is the clincher

Rob P
Dave W liked this