Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Kemble Pitts wrote:
rogcal wrote:UAS and air experience flights

Crikey. They couldn't keep Lyneham open for the Hercules fleet, but they can keep Wittering for a few light aircraft, wow (not that I'm suggesting closure of another aerodrome).

We have 5 Sqns, all using tutor at present. Not just UAS/AEF though as we also have 115 Sqn (teaching QFIs) and 16 Sqn (ab initio flying trg).
Dave W liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@TheHorsesMouth

Just another quickie as I formulate a plan:

Does your invitation to carry out an approach extend to landing and possibly even a cup of coffee or is it strictly 'touch and go and on yer way chaps' ?

Regards
Peter
PeteSpencer wrote:@TheHorsesMouth

Just another quickie as I formulate a plan:

Does your invitation to carry out an approach extend to landing and possibly even a cup of coffee or is it strictly 'touch and go and on yer way chaps' ?

Regards
Peter

Can't offer tea/coffee i'm afraid, especially in these COVID times. But a landing to change pilots would be permitted, for example. We cant offer parking for any length of time though so we're not offering a location to park whilst you take a day trip into Stamford!!
PeteSpencer liked this
TheHorsesMouth wrote:
Kemble Pitts wrote:
rogcal wrote:UAS and air experience flights

Crikey. They couldn't keep Lyneham open for the Hercules fleet, but they can keep Wittering for a few light aircraft, wow (not that I'm suggesting closure of another aerodrome).

We have 5 Sqns, all using tutor at present. Not just UAS/AEF though as we also have 115 Sqn (teaching QFIs) and 16 Sqn (ab initio flying trg).

Are the Tutors still grounded ?
Well I thought to do a couple of circuits tomorrow (Wednesday 23rd). Regrettably, this afternoon Wittering Ops don't appear to be answering the number given in the first post. :(

Rob P