Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
russp wrote:
Peter Gristwood wrote:...and why not Part 21 types?

Because they are covered by EASA rules and not National rules.

My understanding was that EASA had a favourable view on things like the UK's PMD, and at one point may have considered something similar.

There was however considerable pushback from some of the NAAs (I'd bet that Germany was one of them), so last I heard it was not an active project,

Ian
G-BLEW wrote:
russp wrote:
Peter Gristwood wrote:...and why not Part 21 types?

Because they are covered by EASA rules and not National rules.

My understanding was that EASA had a favourable view on things like the UK's PMD, and at one point may have considered something similar.

There was however considerable pushback from some of the NAAs (I'd bet that Germany was one of them), so last I heard it was not an active project,

Ian

That was my understanding too. But very odd that Part 21 types, maintained to a disproportionately higher and more costly standard are excluded, though PtF types aren't.

Perhaps I should write to Sophie and that nice Mr Schapps - it's p*ss*ng down at the moment, and not much on TV
patowalker wrote:
No use posting a link to the AIP, because it requires user registration.

Thank you. Is there acceptance of a PMD comparable to France's?

Rob P
Smaragd wrote:
Peter Gristwood wrote:
That was my understanding too. But very odd that Part 21 types, maintained to a disproportionately higher and more costly standard are excluded, though PtF types aren't.

More costly - yes. Disproportionately higher - do you have evidence?

Happy to take back the word 'higher. As we know, it might be better to say 'restrictive' as we aren't permitted the relative freedoms of Permit types
Smaragd liked this
CloudHound wrote:Can you expand a little on what is meant by "Flight Conditions"

Asking for a dumb pal :lol:

Operational conditions or limitations for the aircraft.

VFR or IFR, day or night, flight crew, build standard, loadings/CG, any airspace limitations, other operational limitations (e.g. speeds, altitudes), where the maintenance requirements are defined.

Once Flight Conditions have been approved then a Permit to Fly can be issued.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:My understanding was that EASA had a favourable view on things like the UK's PMD, and at one point may have considered something similar.

Ian

Hope you did not put too much on that bet as you would have lost.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
G-BLEW wrote:My understanding was that EASA had a favourable view on things like the UK's PMD, and at one point may have considered something similar.

Ian

Wonder who it could have been then?

Ian
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:

Ian

Wonder who it could have been then?

Ian

There are several conservative NAAs in EASA.