Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Is that the Titan Airways G-WS? I was asked to taxi behind once and I spotted him regularly, he seemed to know where he was going the last times :arrow:

Probably the only commercial aircraft moving at Southend regularly :pale:

One of the senior captain operating at Southend has retired recently, so probably some new guy who got lost...

No heated windshield sadly, but there is a storm window and forward visbility on taxi, takeoff, landing is way greater than the Pitts or J3 cub from the rear seats :wink:

For cars, I never figure out which control to clear up the windhsields, defrost? heater? fan? wipers? :lol:
kanga liked this
By BoeingBoy
When taxying a jet you have to allow a large amount of lead on the nose wheel to get the mains to stay on the taxiway centreline. I can't remember the distance from nose to mains on the 300 but around 50' comes to mind. It was 80' on the 757 and 110' on the 767. If you forgot to allow for that in your turns the result is what you see in the photos above.

Looking at the airport chart if it's gone off in the right turn from B2 through Z1 it's ninety degrees so the nose would have had to reach the far side grass before commencing the turn.

Looking at the airport text information I see that most of Southend's taxiways are 15mtr width rather than the 23mtr found at most international airports. I suspect that's what's caught our friend out. But of course. Let's see what the report comes back with.
Ibra, 2Donkeys, Ben K liked this