Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Fellsteruk
Did the nose wheel cave or did it tip back and then slam down on the nose when load was lifted which smashed the nose gear?

To be fair I think this is gonna happen every time I climb on the back of a PA28 :cyclopsani:
AlanM liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
VRB_20kt wrote:(though it appears there has been a similar Ethiopian event)

And one in the US.

Fellsteruk wrote:To be fair I think this is gonna happen every time I climb on the back of a PA28 :cyclopsani:

It happens in my Bulldog, hence them fitting a rubber bumper under the tail.
By Ibra
Aircraft WnB is only valid when ASI > VS, not applicable when you load on the ramp with zero aerodynamic forces and few gladiators :lol:

Last edited by Ibra on Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Actually - does look like a design failure, in that there are two holes beside each other that the pin can go into, making it not idiot proof. There is talk of adding a plastic cover over the hole that is just there to lighten the structure.
By Trent772
And why is the Commander's age, experience and currency of any relevance. The aeroplane was under the control of the Engineers....... :pirat:
AlanM liked this
By kanga
Trent772 wrote:And why is the Commander's age, experience and currency of any relevance. The aeroplane was under the control of the Engineers....... :pirat:

Interesting point. Is there commonly a SOP requirement for the Captain to do (or formally to delegate to FO) a post-shutdown walkround ?
Trent772 wrote:And why is the Commander's age, experience and currency of any relevance. The aeroplane was under the control of the Engineers....... :pirat:

Probably just a standard data field to be filled.
kanga, AlanM liked this
By Trent772
Looks like they were lollygagging in the cabin, waiting for the geniuses to finish when there was a descending feeling and a move to the pub......
By Trent772
Did that at Gatwick some time ago....

Pushed, started #1 and ECAM went ding, ding, ding - go to Ye Olde Six Bells.

My word, that was a cracking afternoon..... :pirat:
AlanM liked this