Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
2) Subject to paragraph 3 below, no aircraft is to fly below 1000 FT AMSL within the area of a circle having a radius of 1 NM whose centre is at 554933N 0041507W between:
a) 1100 hours and 1600 hours on 14 June 2021;
b) 1400 hours and 1700 hours on 18 June 2021;
c) 1700 hours and 2200 hours on 22 June 2021;
d) 1700 hours and 2200 hours on 29 June 2021

Mauve AIC number 39 of 2021.
Miscellaneous liked this
By Dave W
Whenever I want an AIC, I google "UK AIP" and a little way down the page is "Latest AIP/SUP".

Googling "UK AIC" also works.

The obvious direct search term, e.g. "AIC M039/21", doesn't work so well. :(
Thanks Dave :thumright: , glad it's not just me that couldn't get it to work well. :wink:

I was a tad confused when having a look at SD and seeing the amendment applied to the whole of the Scottish FIR. Not as clear as it could be for a RA(T) with a 1NM radius. :?

By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Yes, someone did a pretty poor/lazy job publishing that notam so it appears for any flight planned anywhere in the Scottish FIR.
Miscellaneous, Dave W liked this
By Dave W
@Tim, would it be possible to auto-link - from within a NOTAM - to a referenced AIC or AIP SUP?

I assume the answer is no/overly complex, especially for every ANSP, but there's no harm in dreaming. :D It would be especially useful for France.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
I think we already do that for SUPs. So yes I guess it must be possible for AICs too.
Dave W, kanga liked this
By Dave W
Yes, I thought you did it for SUPs, too.

But before posting I checked (random example) the current LFRH RA(T) NOTAM which calls up an AIP SUP, and (for that one at least) there was no link, so presumably there is something at the promulgation end that sometimes precludes it.
By Dave W
@Tim did look at this today (thanks), and it was a red herring from me... :oops:

What I was doing was expecting to see clickable links when bringing up the NOTAM using the "What's Here?" function by pressing on the map.

Had I looked at the representation in the NOTAM Tab, rather than on the map, I would have seen that the AIP SUP links certainly do appear there.