Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheDealer
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:22nd April 2006 late enough?

More recently than I have been there! but was looking for slightly more recent experience.....thanks all the same.
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
One of the frequently used VFR flight navigation softwares has a couple of entries, which describe it as a nice place with a good lawn and a good restaurant. A particularly favourable restaurant review written in French by a French user name, so it may mean more than the average brit thumb-upping a bacon sarnie....

A bit more details from 2019 (left by a dutch speaker): Lovely airfield with one tarmac runway, one grass strip, no landing fee, no parking fee, one Total bowser, one bar, simple but yummy restaurant with buffet and outside terrace (closed tue & wed) 3 course menu 20 €. 4 schools on the field. Sympathetic field with high level of activity.

Most recent review from July 2020: Restaurant opened Tues-Sun 1130 - late pm. Menu 14.,90 weekdays 20 Weekends.

(edited to add tarmac runway)
By Ibra
I flew nearby to Pentoise LFPT recently, but I never landed there, it looks like a non-event place aside from nearby TMA and noise contraints (just like LesMureaux LFXU their circuit to the south follows the river and avoids the houses)

It's AeoroportDeParis: just land & park no need to call anyone :thumleft: if you are keen on getting a landing invoice to pay, I suggest you call le bourget phone number :lol:

Circuits were done low at 800ft amsl as Class D airspace used to start at 1200ft amsl above airfield and it was managed by Creil, the AirFoceBase is no longer active today...I see there is no Class D airspace above today, except 2500ft TMA, on SkyDemon chart or DGAC/IGN map but it is still plotted on the airfield VAC chart :shock:

Crossing Beauvais TMA & Pentoise TMA at 2000ft is a non-event, so you can go straight

If you need anything specific, I can ask around
By TheDealer
Persan is a very pleasant strip, visited over the weekend, no one would accept a landing fee.... plenty of French only RT revealed that I am a tad rusty but the place was generally a pleasure to use..... recommended......... the only bore was having to go in and out via Le Took but they were pleasant enough, even the customs types didn't cause too much grief once they had seen Covid tests and a personal statement..... still don't really understand why one has to visit on the way out as well but mine is not to reason why, merely but to do and fly........
patowalker, Ibra liked this
By TheDealer
Yes, nipped over on Sunday....pretty low at LFAT but the ILS did the job....rest of the day was Gin clear - rather be lucky than good!
Ibra liked this
By Ibra
TheDealer wrote:Yes, nipped over on Sunday....pretty low at LFAT but the ILS did the job....rest of the day was Gin clear - rather be lucky than good!

Great, you have an option to go around on ILS and skip that stop on weather scenarios, just ask ATC to go straight to alternates they will check it for you and also check if you really have to stop, I once asked Rouen for LeTouquet weather they suggested Southend weather was better :wink: things may have changed since Jan21 though :lol:

I was planning to visit Verchoq (LF6252) from Paris this weekend and kept an eye on L2K as backup, it's just 10nm away, it was possible but getting wet was not worth it, I will give it a go this weekend and hopefully less bumpy & sunny for the family to tag along...
By XX
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks for the update on Persan. My only visit was too long ago to be useful to you.

In fact almost all I could remember was an old chap eating a huge lunchtime steak in the restaurant, washed down with a whole bottle of red wine. Then he got in his car and drove off …

I know we were delivering a Tiger Moth prop, presumably for maintenance.

As you say, friendly and no dramas.
By TheDealer
XX wrote:Thanks for the update on Persan. My only visit was too long ago to be useful to you.

In fact almost all I could remember was an old chap eating a huge lunchtime steak in the restaurant, washed down with a whole bottle of red wine. Then he got in his car and drove off …

I know we were delivering a Tiger Moth prop, presumably for maintenance.

As you say, friendly and no dramas.

Locals still consuming decent quantities of plonk prior to aviating as well.... "ce n'est que du vin"

Vive la France!
XX liked this