Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Intercept Procedures are detailed on Page 149 of the Skyway Code https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP1535S%20Skyway%20Code%20Version%203.pdf

I keep the pdf version of the Skyway Code on my iPad along with SkyDemon and therefore have ready access to a range of very useful information as well as fulfilling the legal obligation. During the London Olympics I printed out and laminated an A5 copy of the procedures to go on my knee pad, but I was paranoid given my post at the time.

PS I was ramp checked by the French Air Police at Verchocq, many years ago, and they congratulated me on being the only Brit that week who knew what they were asking for.
kanga, JAFO liked this
By Dave W
T6Harvard wrote:AFAIK interception procedures to be carried on all flights.

That's correct, for Part-21 aircraft. (Not currently required for Permit aircraft, etc)

It is quite a recent change, introduced with Part-NCO; previously Interception Procedures only required for foreign flights.

From the latest SkyWay Code:
By russp
Sooty25 wrote:
russp wrote:Makes me glad I have a NPPL and a permit aircraft so the only thing I need is a current chart .. so as long as I have my phone on me I'm ok! :)

Does EasyVFR count?

Of course :)
By Sooty25
Dave W wrote:
Sooty25 wrote:3. wave to stalling F35 pilot

F-35 pilot waves back, having selected STOVL Mode. :D

How long do I need to keep him talking for at 30knts before he's burnt all his fuel?
TopCat, Ibra liked this
By MichaelP
In Switzerland I was asked for my Journey Logbook many years ago.
Fortunately I had a notepad with all the legs and times so far, and they accepted this.
By JAFO
@Dave W, I see that you quote the trusty Skyway Code for interception procedures.

Who produced the Skyway Code? Couldn't be that organisation you've lost trust in, could it?
By allout
This discussion around intercept procedures has been interesting, but perhaps only very slightly interesting.
... and the stipulation for them to be on board may be the easiest of all the myriad requirements under which we labour.

This works:
1. Find them*
2. Stow a laminated copy on board when aircraft first registered.
3. Leave until aircraft written off 50-odd years later.

We have much more pressing calls on our time.

*easiest bit of the lot
eAIS ENR 1.12, or
Skyway Code, or
ICAO Annex 2, or
just about every flight guide I've ever seen.