Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think this is a big part of the issue. Ever since EASA stuck their oar in, the forms have been a complete buggers' muddle. There are multi-purpose forms and duplication of forms and forms which are completely unsuitable which you must write a note on to tell the CAA what it is you actually want.

I would guess that the elves at the CAA will be part guessing what it is the person wants, and things are often misunderstood or misinterpreted. That, and the continuous struggle to "put things right" after leaving EASA, and there's a perfect storm.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I think this is a big part of the issue. Ever since EASA stuck their oar in, the forms have been a complete buggers' muddle. There are multi-purpose forms and duplication of forms and forms which are completely unsuitable which you must write a note on to tell the CAA what it is you actually want.

I would guess that the elves at the CAA will be part guessing what it is the person wants, and things are often misunderstood or misinterpreted. That, and the continuous struggle to "put things right" after leaving EASA, and there's a perfect storm.

Not sure why you think the provision of forms had anything to do with EASA.

The implementation of procedures is down to NAA's, or did you think that EASA sent a group of folks to do manage the CAA's website and offices?

:roll:
johnm liked this
By johnm
The police have proper oversight via the IPCC the CAA have no useful oversight or accountability at all.
By Paul_Sengupta
There seemed to be some sort of form standardisation I thought. If not, then the whole raft of new forms they brought in to comply with EASA regulations must have been down to the CAA!
johnm liked this
By Flyingfemme
AndyR wrote:As above, forms are compiled by the NAA. The CAA could learn a thing or two from looking at other authorities and seeing how relatively simple they are.

They could look at the FAA - once a licence is issued there is no more interaction required. Unless you get another licence/rating or move house. Currency and revalidation is between me and my CFI. That would save an awful lot of time and money..............
johnm, Flyin'Dutch', Bald Sparrow and 3 others liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
Paul_Sengupta wrote:There seemed to be some sort of form standardisation I thought. If not, then the whole raft of new forms they brought in to comply with EASA regulations must have been down to the CAA!

Hurrah an epiphany!
By gaznav
Forfoxake wrote:PS Perhaps, like MH, GS is, in the words of the PM, "Totally [expletive] hopeless."

Oh, I can vouch for that as I went to Grammar School with him. He didn’t even get the O’Levels to stay on in the 6th Form and had to go to Cassio College* instead!

* where the local drongos went… :lol:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Mike Tango
gaznav wrote:
Forfoxake wrote:PS Perhaps, like MH, GS is, in the words of the PM, "Totally [expletive] hopeless."

Oh, I can vouch for that as I went to Grammar School with him. He didn’t even get the O’Levels to stay on in the 6th Form and had to go to Cassio College* instead!

* where the local drongos went… :lol:

His Wikipedia page, if accurate, is an interesting read...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Shapps
gaznav liked this
By Boxkite
MattL wrote:
Boxkite wrote:.......................

18th May, I queried the above and said my licence has been signed for the next 2-year period and they should look elsewhere for the delivered examiner's forms.................

Why didn’t your examiner just sign up your rating in your licence? No need for any of that or payment to CAA