Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Boxkite
MattL wrote:@Paul_Sengupta they will be if @Boxkite has been badly advised to send a 1119C asking CAA for renewal

In that case it appears I was mis-advised, but I won't hold that against her.
By Kemble Pitts
Boxkite wrote:
MattL wrote:@Paul_Sengupta they will be if @Boxkite has been badly advised to send a 1119C asking CAA for renewal

In that case it appears I was mis-advised, but I won't hold that against her.

But why not?

Everybody has just slagged-off the CAA for being (understandably) confused by a confusing request, but you don't want to slag-off the person who badly advised you and who thus caused the confusion in the first place???

Hmmm... just saying.
JAFO liked this
By Ian Melville
townleyc wrote:At least with an NPPL, there are no forms - just an examiner signing your rating. No involvement with the CAA.

Except I somehow need to renew my FRTOL :(

KE

I had to do that a few years ago, that was fun.. NOT. :evil:
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
townleyc wrote:Except I somehow need to renew my FRTOL :(
KE

Assuming you already have an English level 6 registered):
It used to be really easy, you submitted the 1106 yourself crossing out most sections but including name address and list of licence(s), includibg radio licence as expired and sent in your nppl. Back it came, frtol renewed, no charge.
It is now online and i am told harder as I don't think they thought of expiries being renewed (but that is 2nd hand info).
Perhaps the easiest way is to invent a name for your house ("DunEASAing" for example) and send in a change of address to add the house name. Frtol comes back renewed. However, do not do that if any ratings you want to use in near future are expired, they will be removed and an extra charge of nearly £100 when you want to renew them
By Paul_Sengupta
This could be another EASAexit win, the whole thing of ratings being on the same piece of paper as the licence and going to the back and having to pay to put them on the front. However I wouldn't hold my breath as it's not in the CAA's interest to lose income.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By mpk
And on those last points above, I couldn't wait any longer to have an FIC added to mine as the temp. cert. I had was running out. Couldn't reval my IRR prior to that due to many things so off it went to. New FCL comes back and of course IRR on back. Only a week later I did the reval so off it goes again with £93. Sifting section email me to say can't process since I didn't submit proof of course completion! Told them politely to look back to 1995 on their records, also if I never did the course how could I ever have an expired rating. Presume it is now being processed.
By Paul_Sengupta
If your SEP expires then you need to do a "course" with a "course completion certificate" to do the test to renew it.

Another possible EASAexit win to abolish this bureaucratic nonsense.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Paul_Sengupta wrote:If your SEP expires then you need to do a "course" with a "course completion certificate" to do the test to renew it.

Another possible EASAexit win to abolish this bureaucratic nonsense.

Paul_Sengupta wrote:This could be another EASAexit win, the whole thing of ratings being on the same piece of paper as the licence and going to the back and having to pay to put them on the front. However I wouldn't hold my breath as it's not in the CAA's interest to lose income.

I am very disappointed; only yesterday I thought you had learned that the whole implementation of FCL is down to the national NAAs and that the difficulties which we read about here are entirely UK home grown.

100%.
Bathman, johnm liked this
By mpk
It wasnt my SEP that expired, it was the IRR. That's what they wanted a course cert. for even though both application forms (for an IRR renewal) had the purpose of the application written on plus a separate letter. Simply, after passing an IRR test that was not outside the 10 year window, all I want is for the IRR back on the 'front' of the license.
By Robin500
townleyc wrote:At least with an NPPL, there are no forms - just an examiner signing your rating. No involvement with the CAA.

Except I somehow need to renew my FRTOL :(

KE

Me too, before December. Perhaps I'd better start now :twisted: Frankly though I struggle to find the motivation.