Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
They are.

There have been public pronouncements of an intention to make this permanent - which suggests perhaps we're seeing the edge of some major legal tussle between CAA and DfT?

Whatever follows 1474, hopefully it will eliminate all the daft restrictions (max hours, day VMC...) that are presently there.

G
I've got my SSEA now, in the hope that I will be able to fly on the Aircraft I trained on, namely the PA28.
Interesting in the exemption though that licence must have been held before 08Apr2020. I held my NPPL A before this deadline, just not the SSEA rating.
I do hope the legislation does not have this date restriction! I await with baited breath the legislation that comes in.
B1
Paul_Sengupta, I've just been on the phone with the nice chaps at the CAA, to point out that the SkyWise announcement is indeed more restrictive than the SI amendment.

The SI amendment restricts those to whom the amendment applies to FCL.105.A(a) aeroplane limits (2000kg / 4PoB maxima), whereas the SkyWise announcement restricts them to LAPL(A) privileges e.g. VFR only.

They are checking......

Please sit on hands until more is known, I would venture to suggest!!
Paul_Sengupta, Sooty25 liked this
The SI amendment restricts those to whom the amendment applies to FCL.105.A(a) aeroplane limits (2000kg / 4PoB maxima), whereas the SkyWise announcement restricts them to LAPL(A) privileges e.g. VFR only.

What's the logic for any restrictions on what is an ICAO (UK) PPL

Ian
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:

What's the logic for any restrictions on what is an ICAO (UK) PPL

Ian

If it’s an ICAO PPL, the irony is you can use it anywhere else in the world to fly the very types you can’t fly at home.

Any chance they can get over the bullsh!t and just have a single licence exactly like the rest of the world (and us back in the day). It requires a few strokes of a pen.
This all looks very messy. It should be the SSEA which is limited to LAPL parameters, not the SEP rating which would have been issued on a full PPL. TMG is a Part FCL rating so why is it included? Can we now train students for the NPPL SSEA or UK PPL SEP on Part 21 aircraft using only the PMD? It would be useful if the CAA announced where they are trying to get to rather than everyone trying to guess what situation the latest amendment or exemption is attempting to achieve.