Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
nallen wrote:Do licensing authorities (CAA, etc.) decide themselves that a licence/medical is ICAO compliant, or do they submit these to the ICAO for approval?

The rules are all submitted to ICAO for approval, and all authorities are periodically audited for compliance and competences by an international ICAO team. I'm not sure the interval on the audits, but suspect that has quite a complex "it depends" type answer.

G
nallen liked this
nickwilcock wrote:A very nice chap at the CAA (brown envelope to the usual place, mate!) has now confirmed that national UK licence holders with SEP Class Ratings using the SI amendment are only restricted to LAPL-level aeroplane limits - i.e. 2000 kg MTOM / 4 PoB max. No other LAPL privilege restrictions apply to them.

'Similar' in the SkyWise announcement wasn't intended to mean 'the same'; however, I've asked that in order to prevent confusion and false accusations of gold plating, the SkyWise announcement should be amended for clarification.

I just had reason to revisit this.

Guess what, Skywise still hasn't been amended.

G