Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
I have had both a fixed wing aircraft and a helicopter for the last 15 years. My wife will quite happily go in the helicopter but refuses to even get into the fixed wing. As a result I do a reasonable number of rotary hours each year but struggle to do the minimum fixed wing to keep my licence current.
RisePilot wrote:
flyingearly wrote:My main aim for this year is 4th July

You do realise it's not a special day in the UK? We lost that one and don't put on a celebration.

But celebrating 1 July as Canada Day is quite acceptable in UK .. :)

[although it's still primarily Memorial Day until local noon for Newfoundlanders; established after WW1, ie before Confederation in 1949, marking the first day of the Somme :salut: ]

Back to OP:

Air travel, whether by CAT or GA, logically makes most sense when it avoids significant surface obstacles and concomitant delays, such as significant water (Solent, Irish Sea, Channel, or major Firths/Estuaries, ..) or high ground (Snowdonia (Eryri :) ), Pennines, Cheviots, Grampians ..). So for GA short trips from SE England, with France currently 'inconvenient', I'd have thought that IoW destinations would be an easier 'sell' to start with.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this