Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By RisePilot
Would anyone have a contact phone number for Rushett Farm Airstrip and Helicopter Pad (KT9 2NH)?

I'm dropping some friends off for Beaverbrook (5nm away), but they don't allow helicopter landings at the hotel and the hotel's desk staff are fairly useless.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m just a mile from Rushett Farm. I’ve not seen anything go in and out of there for quite a while and understood that the strip owner had become quite unapproachable.

From a search of the forum, this was the last thread that came up for Malden Rushett, recent posts being from 2018.

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37455&hilit=Rushett

Iceman 8)
lutonwho liked this
By RisePilot
Iceman, thank you for your reply. The published landline is not working, but the hotel connected me with him today on his mobile.

I don't know anything about the grass strip, but FYI re helicopters, he has a reinforced helipad with wind sock; landing fee is £50+VAT.
By Kemble Pitts
RisePilot wrote:... I don't know anything about the grass strip, but FYI re helicopters, he has a reinforced helipad with wind sock; landing fee is £50+VAT.

That must make you feel very welcome... :roll:
By Sail201
I'm dropping some friends off for Beaverbrook (5nm away), but they don't allow helicopter landings at the hotel and the hotel's desk staff are fairly useless.

Hi RisePilot,

I have a connection with one or two members of the Beaverbrook staff, and they were very surprised to hear of your experience. They have an alternative helicopter facility which they use as well as Rushett. If you have any further difficulty with ops there, do feel free to ping me a PM.
By RisePilot
The poor weather on the day negated my landed there, but I did ask about fixed-wing on the strip - and it is no joy.

He noted: "Because the main runway is relatively short we no longer allow visiting fixed wing aircraft unless they are known to one of the resident pilots."
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks for the up to date feedback @RisePilot. The subject of the strip comes up once in a while.

Iceman 8)