Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By NewbieFH
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a PA32 that might be coming as available ?

been looking on the various sites for a while and havn't seen many...

another option is to get one from the US and ferry it in, but i'm not sure how that all works yet :)
By irishc180
flybymike wrote:https://wfaviation.com/collections/aircraft-sales

Think our 260 is about to land into Revolut, which is a good destination indeed. May have a 300 coming up, but will be a good bit more. It is quite a special one. My business partner Matthew Fox knows them back to front. Drop him a message off the website linked above. Have a Saratoga SP also for sale, in addition to the Saratoga II HP advertised online.

William
Last edited by irishc180 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By NewbieFH
irishc180 wrote:
flybymike wrote:https://wfaviation.com/collections/aircraft-sales

Think our 260 is about to land into Revolut, which is a good destination indeed. May have a 300 coming up, but will be a good bit more. It is quite a special one. My business partner Matthew Fox knows them back to front. Drop him a message off the website linked above. Have a Saratoga SP also for sale.

William

Thanks William, i'll drop Matthew a message
By kanga
irishc180 wrote:.. Have a Saratoga SP also for sale, ..

ISTR from '60s 'Roger Bacon' in Flight International picking up on a small ad in that magazine's 'Aircraft for sale' column. It had clearly been 'phoned in to a staff member who was more familiar with larger aircraft types. The type appeared in the ad as a 'Stratogasp' :)
Hooligan liked this
By NewbieFH
Iceman wrote:Do you keep an eye on PlaneCheck.com ?

Iceman 8)

yep thanks, trying to figure out the position with buying an EASA plane now, as it seems irrespective of anything VAT needs to be paid to HMRC and you need to get various certs to get them into the country, gotta love brexit

not sure if anyone knows the full details as everyone seems to be playing catchup so for now it seems safest to just buy something in the UK
By Genghis the Engineer
The UK/EU treaties say that aircraft certification is mutually certified, so I'd not anticipate any more problems getting an EASA registered aeroplane onto the G-reg than before. Basically an aircraft and documentation survey, re-registration, and a new annual.

Plus presumably import duty / VAT, yes I can see that could be a pain.

It's personnel licences that are the biggest problem with Brexit however, no doubt.

G
By Tac_R
Genghis the Engineer wrote:The UK/EU treaties say that aircraft certification is mutually certified, so I'd not anticipate any more problems getting an EASA registered aeroplane onto the G-reg than before. Basically an aircraft and documentation survey, re-registration, and a new annual.

[under (recent) advice from the CAA's Aircraft Certifications team] it will also require an Airworthiness Review, and an Airworthiness Check Flight, as will now be treated as the formerly referred-to Second Hand Aircraft Imported, Not from Europe (SHINE) category, rather than a straightforward CAA-validation of any existing EASA ARC, on registration transfer.

Regards,

David
By NewbieFH
Tac_R wrote:
Genghis the Engineer wrote:The UK/EU treaties say that aircraft certification is mutually certified, so I'd not anticipate any more problems getting an EASA registered aeroplane onto the G-reg than before. Basically an aircraft and documentation survey, re-registration, and a new annual.

[under (recent) advice from the CAA's Aircraft Certifications team] it will also require an Airworthiness Review, and an Airworthiness Check Flight, as will now be treated as the formerly referred-to Second Hand Aircraft Imported, Not from Europe (SHINE) category, rather than a straightforward CAA-validation of any existing EASA ARC, on registration transfer.

Regards,

David

this sounds like a bit of nightmare