Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kanga
Shoestring Flyer wrote:I see Cardif has only just recently changed to 8.33Mhz!

App changed to 119.155. TWR to 133.105

.. so one must remember the final pump* as well as the [fuel] pump :)

[*or, rather, a phump because of the aspirate mutation after a :wink: ]
leiafee liked this
By leiafee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:.. so one must remember the final pump* as well as the [fuel] pump :)

[*or, rather, a phump because of the aspirate mutation after a :wink: ]

We were Tîm Pump at a pub quiz with work on one occasion. Raised an eyebrow among the di-Gymraeg.
kanga liked this
By TopCat
2Donkeys wrote:I am certainly tempted.

Me too. Never been to Cardiff.

Swansea, Pembrey, even Filton. But never Bristol or Cardiff.

I still have the scar on my arm where I walked edge-on into a door at Swansea airport cafe. Might have been a Flyer List event in fact.
By Fellsteruk
I’ve got a early Sunday landing slot booked but with the weather the way it is I’m very likely canning it and staying local but I’ve got my eyes on the weather I think low cloud will prevent me getting there on time.

Gutted as I was also due to be at Leeds east today for the private flyer event but had to can that too :( couldn’t be bothered driving no fun in that.
By MikeB
I believe the fly-in has been rescheduled for 21 & 22nd August given the TAFs. All registered attendees should be getting/have got an email advising them accordingly.
By TopCat
MikeB wrote:I believe the fly-in has been rescheduled for 21 & 22nd August given the TAFs. All registered attendees should be getting/have got an email advising them accordingly.

Yes, I've had the email.

Shame, it doesn't look too bad for Sunday. Sod's law says the whole weekend will be terrible on the 21st/22nd.
MikeB, 2Donkeys liked this
By TopCat
kanga wrote:
TopCat wrote:..

I still have the scar on my arm where I walked edge-on into a door at Swansea airport cafe. Might have been a Flyer List event in fact.

In 2000 ? I was at that one :)

Could have been then. I've only been to one Swansea fly in. Who are you, anyway?