Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sooty25 wrote:"D" isn't just for drones

Venison fillets anyone?

Never mind Norwich, Knettishall gets ‘em regularly :lol:

Takes a serious dive bomblng to scatter them to the four winds before landing , :wink:
Ibra liked this
By Sooty25
PeteSpencer wrote:
Never mind Norwich, Knettishall gets ‘em regularly :lol:

Takes a serious dive bomblng to scatter them to the four winds before landing , :wink:

had two on our strip yesterday. The Chinese Water and Muntjacs are becoming a real problem for farmers around here. Numbers are escalating quite rapidly. These are all non-indigenous descendants of Woburn escapees. :rendeer:

The estate next to us had a cull last season and removed about 90. Still see loads though. I've heard they are a very nice venison though.
By townleyc
Sooty25 wrote:had two on our strip yesterday. The Chinese Water and Muntjacs are becoming a real problem for farmers around here. Numbers are escalating quite rapidly. These are all non-indigenous descendants of Woburn escapees. :rendeer:

The estate next to us had a cull last season and removed about 90. Still see loads though. I've heard they are a very nice venison though.

I knew a lovely old gentleman who when working as a gamekeeper for the Duke, was asked to get a few lads together to get rid of the Muntjacs...

Sadly they adapted too well. And yes, they do eat very well!

You don't want to hit one - in a car, or an aircraft - they are very solid

KE
By PeteSpencer
Dave W wrote:We've had a deer strike at Wing Farm in the past, not seen until the last moment when it darted out of the knee-high grass at the side of the strip. Deer and microlight both written-off. :(

That's why I won't land if I spot them till I've done a very low pass and witnessed them disappearing into the far distance at speed, preferably in the opposite direction to the woods alongside our strip where they tend to hang out.............. :twisted:
By Dave W
The microlight pilot in this instance wouldn't have had a chance to spot this one until just before the bang. Just because you can't see them doesn't always mean they're not there.

townleyc wrote:You don't want to hit one - in a car, or an aircraft - they are very solid

...to the extent that sometimes the animal is unhurt and the vehicle isn't!