Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Having read the other CELLMA / CAA Medicals thread on here I am keen to know how many people here have experienced problems simply connecting to CELLMA, accessing it through their CAA account.

Having registered with the CAA electronically last year my ID etc and account were fully approved in October (after around six days). All sorted in advance I thought. I have recently applied to use the medical service (it was approved near instantly when requested). The 'Medicals' link appeared but whenever I click it and try to access CELLMA I cannot seem to get it to work. I move through a screen where it confirms my mobile number (via a SMS code) and then I face the following error message: “Unable to log you in to CELLMA. Error: Patient not found with given reference number. It is essential to log in via the CAA portal. Please click here to proceed to login”. The link takes me straight back to my CAA portal and when I click 'medicals' the loop continues (back to the error message).

So far I have tried two different browsers, cleared cookies and have logged in and out multiple times. I have contacted the CAA via the ‘medical issues’ option within the CAA portal (including a screenshot of my issue), I have called the CAA (who directed me to email medicalweb@caa.co.uk) therefore I have also emailed… As yet nothing back.

I am probably going to miss my medical due to this issue and nobody seems to have a clue what’s going on?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so please can you share what you did or any other tips? Many Thanks.
@IainD

That depends who you ask

AIUI, the DGAC say you need to meet all the requirements that are needed to fly in your country of origin, and plainly a PMD fulfills this requirement

The LAA say 'non'

There's a lengthy thread somewhere below.

Rob P
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Only applies to microlight, amateur built and historic aircraft covered by the corresponding decrees.

The key wording is
Article 4
The pilot shall hold a pilot’s licence and associated qualifications entitling him to fly this aircraft, issued either by the State of registration or an organisation with a delegation by the said State, or validated or accepted by the said State.
Rob P, G-BLEW liked this
By tr7v8
AndyR wrote:There surely must be a case for legal action against the regulator currently…

A private company would not have a single customer left.

I quite agree, we're a captive audience, the whole CAA portal is not fit for purpose. Same with the exam portal. A complete shambles. As for CELLMA not sure what purpose it serves. You still need to book the medical with your AME.
By AndyR
A le Ron wrote:
AndyR wrote:There surely must be a case for legal action against the regulator currently…

A private company would not have a single customer left.

The Authority is the authority.

But should still be accountable.
Rob P, Ben K liked this