Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By tr7v8
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Remosflyer wrote:No problem with Cellma.

I was however already registered on the CAA portal.

I completed the medical form, paid £8.00 and have now contacted my AME for a check in August.

It's rather a strange format but worked ok for me...

I was already registered for the exams but it still too >10 days to get medical approval through. It doesn't help the process is anyway, just seems to be another level of beauacracy. You still have to book your AME.
Just completed my Class 2 medical with an AME.

I was asked to show my passport, which he also photocopied, apparently this is a requirement to complete the CELLMA activation. This from an organisation that has known me since 1968 when I was first issued with a Student P ilots Licence...

He asked me what I thought of CELLMA?

I replied 'Not user friendly but I managed ok'.

He said 'I see it took you 16 minutes to complete the process...'

What other information are they gathering about us? I think we should be told....
By MikeB
My medical isn't due until next Feb but I was prompted by this thread to register given the problems other have reported.

I read the current CAA published guidance, which contained the embedded link to set up an account https://portal.caa.co.uk..

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Luckily, I've still got 7 months before my medical expires :roll:
By johnm
User friendly reliable systems have been an obsession of mine since I started in 1968, there is absolutely no excuse for building clunky and unreliable systems. If that is the outcome the team was/is incompetent.
Grey Beard, townleyc, scd975 liked this
I was totally unable to logon yesterday because of the “503 error“ screen. This prevented a student pilot getting his initial medical done in time for his presumed first solo attempt. I tried multiple browsers on multiple devices, so I’m pretty sure the fault is at the authority’s end, not mine. Most unimpressed.
By Irv Lee
I was pre-registered for the portal and to use the medical but had not used it - just tried it now as initial attempt before booking a medical in October, it seemed to take ages but that was answering questions, not system delays, and I got through ok about 12:30