Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Gasbag
Have been trying to update an ad and shift it to page 1. It’s updating fine (though says I haven’t) and will not move as “I haven’t edited it” Sending a query there’s a note from Alex saying he has family medical issues so won’t be very quick responding. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas anyone? In the editing bit it even says the ad is on page 1 which it blatantly isn’t!
Thanks
By Boxkite
Since Alex updated the format a few years ago I always use the original " classic" site, as visually it is easier to read. There were a few bugs a few days ago:

He's recently added this (sic)
"You wont help but notice Ive made some changes, its in preparation for a mobile freindly version. Critical Feedback is very welcome. just use the afors contact form.

Such changes are sometimes hard to get used to, so Ive included a link here to the old interface"

And now it seems the search is broken.
Last edited by Boxkite on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It isn't working very well. I use the classic site too as far easier. As of yesterday my bookmark has auto changed to the 'new' page. If I go to the classic site and do a for sale search on any category it just reverts to the new page.
joystick liked this
By VRB_20kt
I’m afraid that I too prefer the classic site.

Alex has worked really hard to make afors phone compatible - hence the new layout.
By Boxkite
On my phone, I also prefer to use the standard website of XCweather, not the mobile 'friendly' version.
By Flintstone
I only use a PC for things like Afors and I too stuck with the old site. I was browsing old ads last night when it suddenly kept reverting to the new site. I attributed that to it being that the old ads no longer being available but if it's permanent I doubt I'll use the site much any more. It's just not user friendly.

Sorry Alex.

Edit. Old site still seems to be available. As you were. :D
tr7v8 liked this
By Grelly
I wasn't a fan of the old site, but the new one is considerably worse.

I'm really only interested in four sections: Aircraft For Sale; Aircraft Share For Sale; Microlights For Sale; Microlight Share For Sale.

The old site gave me that on the front page (albeit only stuff added in the last 24 hours). The new site requires visiting four separate pages and returning to the main page each time.

The golden rule for websites is that your customer needs to find what they are looking for in under 15 seconds. It fails that test.
By stevewarbs
Grelly wrote:The golden rule for websites is that your customer needs to find what they are looking for in under 15 seconds. It fails that test.

That is really only relevant where there is a choice.

I have just paid £10 to sell my X-air on Afors in under a week. I am sure Alex would be able to make a lot of improvements if we paid £60 or more but then everyone would complain about the charge so he can't win.

I am now looking to buy a Skyranger so I am just thankful that the site exists.
StratoTramp, Dodo liked this
By Grelly
Well yes, fair point. I definitely wouldn't want it to fail. Let's face it, it hasn't got much competition.

But I still argue that the new format is not as user-friendly as the old.