Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Alex, I like the changes you've made today. The contrast of colours is better, the text is more easily readable.

I'm using Firefox and have none of the image zoom in/out problems others are experiencing (using a PC). I also like that the home page is the 'old' version with the headings for today's listings.

Keep up the good work, hope you manage to get the wrinkles out (oooer missus).
Last edited by Flintstone on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexcsp liked this
By Alexcsp
Alexcsp wrote:
RayP wrote:Alex - I have tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge on my laptop and the image viewer crops on all of them. It doesn't seem to handle different aspect ratios very well.
A view that shows the problem for me is https://afors.com/imageView/14965/1/LOOK-AT-THIS-REG-NO-FOR-YOUR-CAR-!!!!!!
The number plate is chopped off

p.s. I still visit the site daily and am very grateful to you for it

Thanks for that, yes I see the issue, it's the aspect ratio that's doing it.

I can and will fix it.

Right, it's fixed. By containing the aspect ratio to the height of the document page, Some images will have blue borders, but that's acceptable if you can see the entire image on the screen. :thumleft:

Let me know if it's OK. you might need to clear the browser cache, as its a stylesheet change
By Alexcsp
Flintstone wrote:Alex, I like the changes you've made today. The contrast of colours is better, the text is more easily readable.

I'm using Firefox and have none of the image zoom in/out problems others are experiencing (using a PC). I also like that the home page is the 'old' version with the headings for today's listings.

Keep up the good work, hope you mnage to get the wrinkles out (oooer missus).

Thanks, the wrinkles will get sorted. :thumleft:
By Alexcsp
Shoestring Flyer wrote:Well I'm using Firefox and it isn't fine for me!
If you try and enlarge a photo as per instruction on page:-'The image viewer has had an update. click on the images above to see'
You just get a big circular AFORS page with no photo.
Something still not right....

That was a security issue, that's what scrapers will get when they follow the link directly to the server.

the settings were a bit too strict when I first placed it live.

Should be fine now,
By Shoestring Flyer
Boxkite wrote:No problems for me on those links.

Ahh...Found the problem why it doesn't work for me!...The problem is if using Firefox to view Afors!
I have just tried in Chrome and agree there is no problem with the links I posted and you get the enlarged photo...all good!
But try using Firefox on the links and you get the large AFORS advert!
It appears to be a Firefox/Afors compatibility problem that Alex needs to sort.
By Shoestring Flyer
Hmm.....Thanks for the info.
Whilst I am using the latest version of Firefox I modify the settings because I don't like what Firefox have done in recent versions with the line spacing, so maybe it doesn't like my personal modifications to give Firefox its earlier 'classic' look?
No problem, I will just have to remember to view Afors in Chrome!
By Gasbag
This is all I get now (since yesterday) and I’m not techie enough to know what the **** it all means!

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /var/www/afors.uk/Classes/Adverti.php on line 717
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0000 250696 {main}( ) ../index.php:0
2 0.0000 251704 require( '/var/www/afors.uk/controllers/mainController.php' ) ../index.php:2
3 1.3694 885936 require( '/var/www/afors.uk/models/http/index.php' ) ../mainController.php:112
4 1.3704 972648 Advert->browse( ) ../index.php:50
By Alexcsp
Are you still getting that error? if so what is the URL you are using? so I can see what's going on.

It should have all been fixed,

With regard to the Firefox browser, It may be a stylesheet issue, if you clear the cache and reload, it should work.

Alex
By cotterpot
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I had the same but resolved it by deleting the old link and staring again - save the new link to bookmarks (Firefox)
By Gasbag
As if by magic it’s all good now thanks Alex.
I had to delete link and reinstall 3 times before it got the hint!
Cheers - more hours of browsing……..
By RayP
The images are now displaying correctly for me too - nice work.
But I see one more minor buglette. On an ad with two images, view the first image, click the arrow to view the second and there is no arrow to go back to the first.
Ads with three or more images work OK - it's only when there are two images