Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By gasman
Rob P wrote:I have just noticed that Crossland Moor has free landing vouchers in June - I have never used a landing voucher.

Refreshments are available - tea and coffee, pot noodles and crisps

Rob P

The Sands House pub is a 5 min walk from the ‘uddersfield International and serves excellent food.
Alternatively the catering at Sherburn (“The Maltings at Digbys”) is under new ownership and getting good reviews (I’m biased :wink: ).
mick w liked this
By Rob L
Rob P wrote:I have just noticed that Crossland Moor has free landing vouchers in June - I have never used a landing voucher.

The carte du jour looks good too

Refreshments are available - tea and coffee, pot noodles and crisps

Rob P

I spoke with Crosland Moor just yesterday about flying in today (other matters got in the way, so it didn't happen); their landing fee is just £5. They are open until sunset. I wouldn't begrudge them £5 even on a "free landing" month. Frequency 128.375

Rob L
By Rob P
Nice suggestion. That's somewhere different. Thanks.

Rob P
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Eddsfield is a pleasant little strip with a great Yorkshire welcome, a bacon buttie being forthcoming on each of my two visits for cover measure-ups with Mr. Cambrai. Just watch the crematorium on short final.

Iceman 8)
By Rob P
A fly-in crem?

That's an interesting option for checking out

Rob P
Iceman liked this
By PeteSpencer
Following this thread with interest, especially as I bought a Northern Half-Mil last week for the first time in fifteen years............................ :roll:

Pter
By eltonioni
TopCat wrote:
mick w wrote:
TopCat wrote:What's Netherthorpe like? 06/24 has got displaced thresholds again (not as extreme as Sibson) but if the whole length is available for takeoff and it's level it looks ok given decent short field approach technique.

I'm going Saturday for Breakfast :wink:

What in?

I'd be in an AA5A if I went. Usually I can get off the ground in a bit over 300m so it should be fine if there's nothing in the climb-out. But any unfamiliar field with less than about 600m always gives me pause for thought.

You should be ok, the airfield is very well kept but it's not flat (ie it's bumpy and it's uphill on 24 with hedges at the end of every runway and roads at the end of three so maybe avoid still and hot days. Good clubhouse nosh at weekends, and the Parish Oven pub a nice stroll away in nearby Thorpe Salvin. You'll need to call for PPR but you can speak to an instructor for a briefing and go/no go.

How about Sandtoft with a cab ride for lunch or overnight at Winteringham Fields? Nice little airfield with plenty of hard length - lamposts on approach notwithstanding. Winteringham is just fantastic, properly fantastic.
TopCat liked this
By Irv Lee
Sherburn has changed catering...? what about Oz's meat pie???? The sunday roast and the Monday meat pie were both superb when I did 2 successive Masterclasses there
By townleyc
Irv Lee wrote:Sherburn has changed catering...? what about Oz's meat pie???? The sunday roast and the Monday meat pie were both superb when I did 2 successive Masterclasses there

Must have been reading too much Tolkien of late - I read that as Orc pie :shock:

KE
Irv Lee liked this