Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
Fledged in the days when the chart stopped in the Midlands, and with a fondness for French and Italian food, I have rarely ventured oop there.

With The Channel being no-go, I am minded to venture there next week, suitably disguising my nearly-Lancastrian roots.

I have been to Elvington, the aeroplane went to Bagby last week without me :(

What's left that's worth the expenditure of avgas? The natives should be non-hostile, or significantly smaller than me. The food should be heading for being edible

> 500m, grass or cobbles

Rob P
By Rob P
Just a day trip with my co-owner, we haven't flown together for ages bar the permit renewal flight test a couple of weeks back.

Rob P
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What's Netherthorpe like? 06/24 has got displaced thresholds again (not as extreme as Sibson) but if the whole length is available for takeoff and it's level it looks ok given decent short field approach technique.
mick w liked this
By Rob P
I have just noticed that Crossland Moor has free landing vouchers in June - I have never used a landing voucher.

The carte du jour looks good too

Refreshments are available - tea and coffee, pot noodles and crisps

Rob P
By mick w
TopCat wrote:What's Netherthorpe like? 06/24 has got displaced thresholds again (not as extreme as Sibson) but if the whole length is available for takeoff and it's level it looks ok given decent short field approach technique.

I'm going Saturday for Breakfast :wink:
By TopCat
mick w wrote:
TopCat wrote:What's Netherthorpe like? 06/24 has got displaced thresholds again (not as extreme as Sibson) but if the whole length is available for takeoff and it's level it looks ok given decent short field approach technique.

What in?

I'd be in an AA5A if I went. Usually I can get off the ground in a bit over 300m so it should be fine if there's nothing in the climb-out. But any unfamiliar field with less than about 600m always gives me pause for thought.
By Jim Jones
Rob P wrote:I have just noticed that Crossland Moor has free landing vouchers in June - I have never used a landing voucher.

Rob P

Short bus ride into Huddersfield, the jewel of West Yorkshire.
By mick w
TopCat wrote:
mick w wrote:

What in?

I'd be in an AA5A if I went. Usually I can get off the ground in a bit over 300m so it should be fine if there's nothing in the climb-out. But any unfamiliar field with less than about 600m always gives me pause for thought.

Cub J4A , you should be fine in the Grumman :thumright:
Jim Jones wrote:
Rob P wrote:I have just noticed that Crossland Moor has free landing vouchers in June - I have never used a landing voucher.

Rob P

Short bus ride into Huddersfield, the jewel of West Yorkshire.

Which tells you a lot about the rest of West Yorkshire...

Stick to Beverley and Leeds East.
mick w, Rob P liked this