Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Genghis the Engineer wrote:As far as I am concerned, best of British to him.

I echo that.

But I am intrigued as to how (the why is obvious, its for "the youngest" tag) its being done right now with all the restrictions that are supposed to be in place... and if they might carry over to other GA flights...

Regards, SD..
I've not asked him, and he's not told me - but I'm guessing standard aircrew arrangements - vaccinated, regular testing, going nowhere but the airport and a crew hotel.

For a trip like his, the present restrictions might even be beneficial in that regard.

G
JAFO liked this
By PropPeter
TopCat wrote:Must admit, I far prefer the approach taken by @Katamarino.

I can't help feeling that the richness of the experience (to say nothing of the comprehensive photo record) will be very different from just blitzing across everywhere as fast as possible.

I think the reasoning for the blitzing in this instance is he only has a certain amount of time to complete it in order to break the record and be the youngest ever person to do it.

The original plan was to set off last year, but of course that was put back for reasons only too easy to work out. I must admit I don't know if the route was any different when originally planned when he had much more time, but I imagine it wouldn't have been quite so much of a zoom around.
JAFO, kanga liked this
By TopCat
PropPeter wrote:I think the reasoning for the blitzing in this instance is he only has a certain amount of time to complete it in order to break the record and be the youngest ever person to do it.

Yes I know. It's different strokes for different folks, I know, but if you break the record and you're the youngest ever to do it, so what?

Other than bragging rights?