Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Whilst aware of the Ampaire project, it doesn't look awfully British to me. Best of luck to them anyway, particularly if they enjoy themselves in Scotland so much they decide to stay.

ZeroAvia on the other hand are looking very settled between Cranfield and Kemble at the moment.

G
By Paul_Sengupta
Genghis the Engineer wrote:The RR accel project is not the Electroflight / Targett aircraft design however

This says it is, but can we trust it?

For Rolls-Royce the project (which it calls Accel) is part of a broader effort to develop technology that will reduce the environmental impact of flying.

It has been working with Electroflight on E-NXT for three years, spending £6m ($8.3m; €7m) to develop the cutting edge technology needed for the record run.
Flyingfemme wrote:Maybe GtE means that the airframe isnot an original Electroflight/Targett design? They took the Nemesis NXT, a Reno racer, and are electrifying it with Roger/RR’s new tech propulsion. It is a thing of great beauty.......

.. and at Staverton, of course, home of aeronautical engineering innovation for many decades :)
By Genghis the Engineer
Flyingfemme wrote:Maybe GtE means that the airframe isnot an original Electroflight/Targett design? They took the Nemesis NXT, a Reno racer, and are electrifying it with Roger/RR’s new tech propulsion. It is a thing of great beauty.......

That is exactly what I meant.

I had a good look around, and chat about, the Targett design before RR got involved - it was totally immature, and years away from being in a fit state for flight. RR's insistence on adopting an existing higher TRL design surprised me not at-all.

G

Interestingly it doesn't use RR's (formerly Siemens) motors. The motors used are sourced from YASA.