Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Flew a training approach into East Midlands in February in my own aircraft. Dutifully waited for an invoice and nothing. Called E.mids ATC and asked what to do and they explained that invoicing is now handled by Manchester, their owners. They gave me the payment number. Having tried that number at several times of the day and days of the week, no one seems to be home, just rings out. Confirmed the number with E.mids.
A Google of "Payments to East Midlands airport", revealed 100 ways for passengers to pay but none of the numbers wanted to take my approach fee.
In this wonderful aviation community there must be someone else who has flown an approach in a non-club aircraft and paid someone in Manchester who may have a number to call?

This keeps happening to me. I owed ADP for quite a few landing fees, the staff in their towers keep telling me they will invoice me, the owner of the aircraft, but never did and they keep letting me land. Their accounts department only speak French so I have long given up trying to explain the problem and sent them a wad of Euros to the approximate amount stapled to a letter explaining in English what it was for.

Perhaps I should do the same to East Midlands?
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ATC might not necessarily know.

Try Ops or try the flying club.
French way of invoicing is clearly an exception, I would not worry too much, even if you get to the buttom of it after 6 months you will need a local cheque book to sort it out, banks hates 3.54Euros on these :lol:

How does it work when you get clamped at East Midlands? do the they attach something to the prop or the wheels? or they put big rocks around the aircraft like in Plymouth?
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Happened to me as well. Paid the flying club and was told to expect a charge from Peel sometime. Gave all my details and nothing. :thumright: to East Mids.

My La Rochelle saga is posted elsewhere :D

PS perhaps, unlike the French, they're unwilling to spend £50 of admin time to collect £20 fees.