Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By xtophe
In the blurb for the "cheap" one there is:
"Furthermore, by arrangement and wholly at the discretion of The Estate Office, [...] use of the grass air strip maybe permitted."
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fab place to fly into with an excellent lunch in the local village.

2 smooth runways.

G-JWTP
By Hooligan
I seem to recall it has hosted Spitfires for filming purposes within living memory...
By Ian Melville
CloudHound wrote:I’d love to live there. Strangely I didn’t spot any mention of aviation in the blurb.

A friend of mine bought a similar flat in a grade 2 listed country house( large grounds, but no grass strip.). As modifications were not allowed, the heating could not cope and it was freezing in the winter.
By Iceman
On my list of places to visit, along with Oaksey Park, two local(ish) attractive looking places that have escaped me.

Iceman 8)
By Human Factor
Hooligan wrote:I seem to recall it has hosted Spitfires for filming purposes within living memory...

Piece of Cake. It was the French chateau. There’s a great book about the filming occasionally available on the Bay of E. I have one on the shelf.

Friends have been in there regularly in interesting types relatively recently including a Hurricane.