Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By matthew_w100
Just using a wet Sunday to re-read my radio manual. Turns out the Trig 96 can upload a database of radio frequencies from a simply (.csv) formatted file on a usb stick. Can anyone point me at a source of UK frequencies in electronic form that I could format for the purpose, to save me typing them in from scratch? Sadly the NATS frequency cards are not much use as they are formatted for print (which I could overcome, with effort) and don't include ATIS frequencies (which I can't).
By Rob P
Drop me your email by message and you can have a copy of mine. No guarantee that it is 100% accurate, or that the selected stations suit your needs, but it would be better than starting from scratch.

Rob P
matthew_w100 liked this
By matthew_w100
Boxkite wrote:You can copy and paste from the NATS sheet into Excel. You may have to spend some jigging around the columns though.

Yes I know - I said that in the original post. But it doesn't include ATIS frequencies.
By matthew_w100
Rob P wrote:Drop me your email by message and you can have a copy of mine. No guarantee that it is 100% accurate, or that the selected stations suit your needs, but it would be better than starting from scratch.

Rob P

Ta!
By irishc180
Such a better radio than an Icom IC-A220. I think the extra £300 is very well spent to get the Trig. I've tried lots of the basic com's and the TY96 is just great.

If you have a problem with an Icom, you have a problem. If you have a problem with a Trig, there is someone there to help you.
By Straight Level
Human Factor wrote:I could never get that to work. Any top tips?

I had the same problem, my radio wouldn't load off my USB stick.
I called Trig and they sent me one, apparently the radio doesn't have 'drivers' for all the different type of USB sticks.

Top tip, ask Trig for a USB stick if you are using a 'normal' stick.
By Straight Level
Charliesixtysix wrote:Or, ask Trig if they can supply a stick with the frequencies?

I did, when I asked for their stick.
They said they don't supply a database due to possible litigation if the database contained an error that resulted in some one "having a problem".
Maybe that stance has changed since I contacted them some years ago now.
By matthew_w100
I'm still surprised that the CAA/NATS don't have a list available. I mean - presumably Jeppsen and Garmin don't have a chap who sits there scouring the notams and manually updating the lists they feed into their customers' systems?

The only other source I can think of is the X-Plane data file!
By Rob P
One issue is that there are more frequencies (or are they channels now?) than there are spaces in the radio's memory, so if some benevolent authority produced a fully comprehensive database it would still leave you manually editing the file in the hope you'd pick the right ones for your future needs.

Rob P
Straight Level liked this
By Big Dex
There’s also the issue that frequencies are used more than once, suitable distanced apart geographically.

I have a Garmin radio (GNC255) which uses. GPS feed to select a suitable indentifier; I guess on the Trig is may do the same, or perhaps just upload the local details?
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
The latter.

Rob P
By matthew_w100
I've learned how to use Python/BeautifulSoup and have extracted all the airfield frequencies/call signs/operating hours/DOC from the current AIP. If anyone wants a copy they are welcome.
bvq liked this