Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I think you are right - unfortunately you cant. I wonder whether anyone does a dongle for iPads which effectivlely ports two connections - or maybe even a wifi connection and a ethernet connection - this would do the trick if any of the other devices has an ethernet connection. I had exactly the same issue on a boat, but it is an easier solution becsause of course you just instal multiple ethernet cards.
Iceman liked this
If all your devices can be set to use same channel then any openwrt compatible wifi router can be used to connect to all those different networks and create another SSID for your device to connect to - obviously it will need some configuration.
If devices are all at different channels then router will need multiple radios - more expensive and usually larger.

Possibly something as cheap and small as this one can do it https://www.amazon.co.uk/GL-iNet-GL-MT3 ... 073TSK26W/
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@Miscellaneous, thank you for your concern, but let me assure you that the Maule will remain (largely) hi-tech free. As you know, I enjoy a variety of flying steeds, from big twins to a ‘back country’ Maule, an aircraft for every occasion. The only tech problem with the Maule at the moment is that the good old SkyMap IIIc colour moving map has some rather odd depiction of rivers (Harry Mendelssohn is on the case).

The Maule only has one WiFi network at the moment with a SkyEcho / SkyDemon combo. It’s probably fair to say that it will never acquire an IFR FMS or weather radar :lol: !

One thing that I have learnt though is that I won’t be launching the Maule in anywhere near the sh@te weather that I’d be up in the TB / twin. I will pick my Maule days with care !

Iceman 8)
Iceman wrote:@Miscellaneous, thank you for your concern, but let me assure you that the Maule will remain (largely) hi-tech free.

Will it retain the carpeted coaming? Dead swish that.

Rob P
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If you actually read the post @Rob L, you will see that it is to attempt to solve the problem of having three disparate WiFi networks with only one iPad. Maybe you’d care to actually contribute usefully to the thread and come up with a technical solution rather than dismiss the problem out of hand ?

Iceman 8)