Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
May I propose an explanation based on my personal reaction?

I see a post from @Cub , which is then supported by a post from @gaznav.

"Nothing to see here, just another bit of commercial puff for SkyEcho. Let's go look at the thread on that miraculous Metroliner survival"

The danger of banging on endlessly and repetitively on the same product

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Fri May 14, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
seanxair, AlanM liked this
Cub wrote:I guess it is the nature of discussion forums but the investigation and report of a GA mid-air collision attracts far less discussion than the pages of uninformed speculation generated by an uninvestigated event.

Mainly (generalising from my experience reading both last night!) I suspect because it takes a lot longer to read and digest an in depth accident report before commenting on it than it does commenting and speculating on a few pictures and a flightradar 24 track.

Also, I think a collision in the airport environment involving circuit traffic is likely to draw more immediate interest than between two commercial sightseeing aircraft.
Rob P liked this
Cub wrote:I guess it is the nature of discussion forums but the investigation and report of a GA mid-air collision attracts far less discussion than the pages of uninformed speculation generated by an uninvestigated event.

You waited just 12 hours for a reaction to your own posted thread (about a 2-year old accident), most of that overnight.
AlanM, T67M liked this
Figs 11 and 12 are interesting.

Wouldn’t it be bizarre if provision of EC reduced the perceived value of keeping your eyes constantly scanning outside the window for threats?

We seem very much to be on a one way journey to mandated Electronic Conspicuity. That will need to be far more robust (expensive) than the current iteration. The longer some are absorbed by Heath-Robinson lash ups, which are not integrated nor inter-operable, the more dangerous the sky may have become.
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:May I propose an explanation based on my personal reaction?

I see a post from @Cub , which is then supported by a post from @gaznav.

"Nothing to see here, just another bit of commercial puff for SkyEcho. Let's go look at the thread on that miraculous Metroliner survival"

The danger of banging on endlessly and repetitively on the same product

Rob P

Which is a shame because the report has absolutely nothing to do with SkyEcho but more to do with how interoperability and functionality could have save several people’s lives, based upon a factual, authoritative investigation rather than pages of forum speculation.
Cub wrote:
Which is a shame because the report has absolutely nothing to do with SkyEcho but more to do with how interoperability and functionality could have save several people’s lives

Absolutely, and there are few on here need a great deal of convincing of that fact.

But your enthusiastic and prolonged attempts at social media marketing on here for one proprietary system has had the negative effect you complained about in post #3.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Rob P
AlanM, seanxair, T67M and 2 others liked this