Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Lockhaven wrote:
The starter cartridge system holds six cartridges in the breech so perfectly safe.

If you need further spare cartridges ( your having a bad day ) but they are safe to carry in their box safely secured in the aircraft.

Paul SS beat me to it.

Or you could hand swing it.
Lockhaven liked this
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:[

Or you could hand swing it.

Always an option of course and something I may well have to learn alongside learning to fly these old types... I have started learning the hand swinging procedure from the cockpit side as that is the way we try to start the Chippy up before resorting to using cartridges.
Circuit work yesterday. Its coming! FI is very pleased with my progress after just one week! Getting the hang of taxiing her and using the brake/power whilst taxiing. Think I have the hang of the different airfield's cct and controlling the aircraft in the air much more confidently. Take off and, finals turn and landing still need a lot of finessing, but I am getting there!
Bonus point, I managed to start her after 5th pull on the cartridge today, woohoo! :D
Mike Tango, Highland Park, kanga and 5 others liked this
Hazel C wrote:
SunnyPilot wrote:sorry missed the early part of this thread,
Tell me where and how much!
I’ll do the same; ex -Hamble Cadet who wants to revisit the past!

Hi Sunnypilot and a4Pacific..

Wickenby Aviationhttp://www.wickenbyaviation.co.uk/3.html

£192+VAT wet. No FI fees or landing fees.

Excellent ... thats another aviation experience to add to the bucket list :D
Hazel C liked this
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hazel C wrote:
SunnyPilot wrote:sorry missed the early part of this thread,
Tell me where and how much!
I’ll do the same; ex -Hamble Cadet who wants to revisit the past!

Popped up there yesterday for domestic reasons. Very tidy it looked too (from a distance). The last thing I flew in that scheme was grounded last year and now lives in south Wales. :cry:
Hazel C liked this
Hazel C wrote:..

And are you charged extra if you use more than one cartridge during the start ? :)
More Chippy flying today. Progress....take offs were much improved - although I need to be more positive on the stick.

Got to perfect my approach more and realise that landing a Chipmunk is different again to landing C140...... I could land the C140..... its very frustrating as i'm struggling with the Chippy....but shes such a different aircraft, its a tarmac runway and its only the third week, so cant really complain! :D

More fluid today in the use of the controls though and first go at a swing prop start (from the captain's seat, not the swingy prop end!!)
JAFO, Mike Tango, Highland Park and 6 others liked this