Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
The more I read about this project the more skeptical I become.

Battery technology for electric vehicles is evolving at a phenomenal pace and no doubt will continue. So what will this new plant produce when built?

Not only will the building take time to be constructed but the plant and machinery to make the batteries too.

And what form will that take? With lead times one could build the wrong production line for the last best guess of what will be needed in 2029.
20 West liked this
By 20 West
CloudHound wrote:The more I read about this project the more skeptical I become.

Battery technology for electric vehicles is evolving at a phenomenal pace and no doubt will continue. So what will this new plant produce when built?

Not only will the building take time to be constructed but the plant and machinery to make the batteries too.

And what form will that take? With lead times one could build the wrong production line for the last best guess of what will be needed in 2029.

If you are able to point that out on the WDC portal , I am sure it would be appreciated by all those whose aviation employment depends on the airport.

https://planningdocuments.warwickdc.gov ... CAPR_89375
By 20 West
Coventry Airport was there when we needed it and now Coventry Airport needs you !
The Aviation community is both diverse and well versed in solving problems. Please take the time to read the committee report and if you see legal or planning fault in the recommendation to “Approve”, you need to submit your objection straight away before 11th January 2022.
By tnowak
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
According to a letter I have just received, the Head of Development Services is going to recommend that permission be Granted.....

"The above planning application is to be considered by the Planning Committee at
6.00pm on 11 January 2022 and the recommendation from the Head of
Development Services is that permission be Granted."

At this late stage I can't see what else we can say that hasn't already been said or submitted.

Tony
By 20 West
tnowak wrote:According to a letter I have just received, the Head of Development Services is going to recommend that permission be Granted.....

"The above planning application is to be considered by the Planning Committee at
6.00pm on 11 January 2022 and the recommendation from the Head of
Development Services is that permission be Granted."

At this late stage I can't see what else we can say that hasn't already been said or submitted.

Tony

There will however be people within the community who have not yet objected or looked at the material for deficiencies in planning or legal protocol. Adding additional material between now and the 11th January does therefore have merit. Anything added would be required to be considered.

A recommendation does not mean it is game over. Far from it. It may be just the end of the beginning :?:
By Rob P
Did I read whilst all this is going on that both Tesla and the Amazon gig-factories are looking at sites in the West Country, and that at this point there is actually no battery company behind the Coventry proposal?

Rob P
By r_w_walker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Aircraft in maintenance so will be visiting by car.
3 hour drive so travelling down Friday, staying in local airbnb.
Weather does not look good for flying.
Hope some more people drive in.