Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By MIddleGround
I just received an email from the 'Gigafactory Consultation Scheme' which acknowledged my submission and they say:
At the end of the consultation period you will be able to access a document which provides answers to all questions raised during the consultation period at http://www.gigafactoryconsultation.co.uk. You will be notified when this becomes available.

That should make interesting reading.

Reminder for others: the deadline for feedback s 6th June
By Flyingfemme
So Coventry Council and Coventry Airport are putting forward the planning proposal that neither of them can, or will, build. It's going to require other people's money. Surely any company that really wanted this would be doing their own background work? Is it just another huge waste of OPM?
By flyingearly
CloudHound wrote:On his first visit to the Nissan UK Research facility at Cranfield the Japanese boss bemoaned the fact he had to get in a coach for the trip up to Sunderland as there wasn't a nearby airport he could fly to.

It was very tactfully pointed out that the company had built on the airport at Usworth.

If this was the same Nissan chairman then - had the airport still existed - he could have remained in his crate while flying there?
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have sent feedback objecting to the entire closure of the airport.

Either the factory should be built parallel to the runway, or the runway cut short if the entire length is not needed, but the airport must be kept operational.

Don't do another Manston.
By MikeW
Was that feedback to the consultation (which closed a while ago) or do you mean the planning application is now open for public comments? I couldn't find it.
By Earl Grey
MikeW wrote:Was that feedback to the consultation (which closed a while ago) or do you mean the planning application is now open for public comments? I couldn't find it.

I suspect that the application to Warwick District Council is still being validated so won't be available yet for comment/objections.

EG
By dawdler
Warwickshire County Council have been trying to get CVT closed for years. It is not without significance that Stoneleigh and it's environs which is under the flight path, is the home of several members of the council. They have been frustrated that they have no jurisdiction over the site as it falls within Coventry's borders. A not disimilar fight is being carried out just about a mile away. Brandon (Coventry) Speedway Stadium is being fought over by the fans of Speedway, Stock Car Racing and Greyhound Racing, with those that want to build housing on it. Fortunately by the quirks of county and other borders, the stadium falls within the remit of Rugby Borough Council, who have stated they they wish to see it retained as a motorsport stadium.

Future plans will see RBC 'absorbed' into a 'Unitary Authority' in an attempt to reduce it's effectiveness. So to go back to the original question, if as reported, the city don't want an airport, very soon they won't have one.