Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By CloudHound
In proposing such a change to national infrastructure I would expect the developer to inform the CAA's National Air Traffic Management Advisory Committee (NATMAC) .

I see the loss of such an important airport as warranting their consideration. Members of NATMAC include Airport Operators Association, BBGA, AOPA, PPL/IR Europe, LAA, BMAA and many others.

I guess their absence from the objectors means they have yet to be consulted.
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I thought NATMAC only dealt with issues about airspace? I thought the DfT should certainly be involved with such matters.
By Overflight
Will be interesting to see how the arguments for Cambridge stack-up when that is closed by their owners in a few years for the housing proposals - in both cases, the actually freeholders want to close their own airports and redevelop with the moral support of the local authorities behind them, there's really not much hope of any reprieve in such circumstances
By Flyin'Dutch'
Until at the highest level it is decided that airfields are part of the infrastructure of the country and this as such gets anchored in law all the objections and processes are just a dressing up exercise.

But as long as decisions on planning are directly influenced by developers making donations to the law makers' party coffers I would not hold my breath.
TopCat, Spooky liked this
By MIddleGround
ChampChump wrote:Comments are showing the full addresses of the respondents. Not good/correct?

I objected and I cannot see my name on the list, so I'm wondering whether they have not collated all the objections
By JJMurphy
MIddleGround wrote:
ChampChump wrote:Comments are showing the full addresses of the respondents. Not good/correct?

I objected and I cannot see my name on the list, so I'm wondering whether they have not collated all the objections

My previous objection also not showing up either so I have lodged another.
20 West liked this
By 20 West
It has just come to light that some people’s comments have not been received by Warwick District Council because their IT “blocked it” :cry:
If you commented and cannot see your posting on their portal, it may well be worth following up with them ASAP.
Purely accidental of course :roll:
By StratoTramp
https://www.flyer.co.uk/coventry-trader ... tory-plan/

This is on the homepage.

I suppose it's mostly lithium ion rather that pure lithium but I think the fire argument near population is a good argument. Other factories like Tesla and Ocado have burnt for days. The strategy is really stop other stuff catching fire whilst the original fire burns itself out.

Unrelated but there is an area on the site where I work with anechoic foam on the wall. When it burns it releases cyanide. So an argon fire suppression system is part of the RA. so basically if a fire starts in there you can pick from cyanide poisoning or asphyxiation from argon. :lol: