Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
https://estates8.warwickdc.gov.uk/cmis/ ... fault.aspx

Will take you to a planning meeting agenda and item 05 is the place to be.

There is 114 page report which in a nutshell says

“There’s loads and loads of reasons why this is a bad idea and most people except MPs object but it’ll generate quite a lot of jobs and the consultants think it’s lovely so we planning officers recommend we do it.”

Fairly typical of the UK’s broken planning system really :roll:
By johnm
I shared my assessment of the report with the planning officer, unsurprisingly she disagreed with my analysis which she described as an "opinion" I haven't troubled to explain the difference :D
kanga liked this
By Aerotech Flyer
Claire at the Aero Club has done a great job of trying to bring together the various tenants and users left at Coventry airport to show the bigger picture that the narrative portrayed by the developers to the local councils is missing. I hope the planning committee and the CAA and politicians concerned get to see this before it's too late.
I am speaking at the Planning Committee meeting next Tuesday but whether all our arguments and facts fall on deaf ears that are already tuned into the ching of the developer's money bags remain to be seen. Fingers crossed.

kanga, Aerials, 20 West and 2 others liked this
By Lefty
Mute point - but it is Outline planning permission.
I sat through 4 hours of lies and drivel. The council officers seemed to accept without challenge all the claims and assumptions put forward by Rigby and have pushed all the contentious issues out into the long grass ( to be decided later).

Several councillors raised valid questions and several tried to get any permission conditional on a battery firm committing to move there - but they were told that was not possible. They tried to get a restriction preventing the closure or knocking down buildings until a battery firm comes on board - but again their planning officer and legal advisor told them that they didn’t have authority to impose those kind of restrictions
I didn’t trust them
By Lefty
20 West wrote:Outline planning permission is.....Change of Use.
In approving B2 industrial use a legal precedent is set, nobody should underestimate the gravity of what has happened.
https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/lat ... port-site/

You are absolutely right. The developer now has outline approval for ANY category B2 industrial development that they choose. The council failed to make any kind of binding link to the fictitious battery factory. The idiot councillors were warned by some of their own members that the Battery Factory was nothing more than a ruse to get the "Special Exemption" that the developer needed - and quoted two examples where exactly the same thing had occurred in recent years - on the same Airport site. "There are none so deaf as those that will not hear".

The only hope now is that the Sec of State might call it in for review. Come on Mr Schapps - get involved.

There will be a lot of bubbly downed at Rigby HQ last night and today.
20 West liked this
By deltacharlie
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
The best thing we can do is to make a lot of noise, keep engaging and refuse to let it go away. Contact MPs, besiege Grant Shapps, unlock the Gates of Hell... sorry, getting carried away... let councillors, MPs, Rigby Group, know that the battle is on, not over.