Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
104 (NPPL/LAPL Exemption) and 107 (IMC/IR(R) Rating General Permission) appear to have been repealed because they were subsumed into the wider legislation via the Aviation Journal. (See p36 for the repeals, and p 19 (2-2.9 & 2-2.10) for the content that removes the need for those particular exemptions. (And very many thanks to the person that sent me that info off-forum).

It is noteworthy that these changes took place in 2016. I do wonder how many Permit aircraft unwittingly visited Jersey after that date.
By Dave W
The now wthdrawn General Exemptions referred explicitly to "overflight and landing" within the Channel Islands Control Zone, Jersey Control Zone and "Bailiwick of Guernsey airspace"

The French documentation, however interpreted, can't cover landing AIUI.
By patowalker
http://www.cicz.co.uk/faq.php

5. Can I operate my Permit to Fly Aircraft in Channel Island Airspace?
a. If you operate your aircraft on a Permit to Fly you will require permission from the Channel Island Director of Civil Aviation (DCA) to operate in Channel Island Airspace. Please see the Director of Civil Aviation's Journal avalable on at www.cidca.aero for more information.
Does anyone know whether this situation has now changed?

The reason is ask is because I was looking at the AIP entry for Alderney.

Paragraph 'd' in chapter 1 (Airport Regulations) says:
The Director of Civil Aviation for the Bailiwick of Guernsey has issued Exemptions from the Air Navigation (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2012 authorising operations in Bailiwick of Guernsey airspace including Guernsey and Alderney Airports, by home-built aircraft registered in ECAC Member States, and non-home-built aircraft registered in the UK, Ireland and France, operating on a National airworthiness certificate. (Separate exemptions extend the effect to Jersey Airport and Jersey Airspace).

Since the UK is an ECAC member state, my reading of this is that there is now an exemption in place that allows UK permit to fly aircraft to fly in to Alderney without any additional permission (apart from an ATC clearance). Is my interpretation wrong or has the situation changed?
By patowalker
fattony wrote:Does anyone know whether this situation has now changed?

According to Channel Islands Control Zone website, there has been no change.

5. Can I operate my Permit to Fly Aircraft in Channel Island Airspace?
a. If you operate your aircraft on a Permit to Fly you will require permission from the Channel Island Director of Civil Aviation (DCA) to operate in Channel Island Airspace. Please see the Director of Civil Aviation's Journal avalable on at http://www.cidca.aero for more information.

I noticed the answer to this F.A.Q. refers to NPPL holders with a certificate of ICAO compiance (or lack thereof).
6. I have an NPPL, Can I fly to Jersey, Guernsey or Alderney?
a. The DCA for the Channel Islands has extended authorisation for UK NPPL holders to operate within the Channel Island Airspace. NPPL holders who do not hold a certificate of ICAO compliance to fly in French Airspace MUST contact the Jersey ATC Supervisor in order to secure an arrival clearance/route which will enable the flight to remain in UK or Channel Island Airspace.

The wording is obsolete, because the acceptance by the French of an NPPL certificate of ICAO compliance ended with the advent of the LAPL, (a logical move, as an NPPL could be exchanged for a LAPL). Because any licence valid in the UK to fly a microlight. homebuilt or historical aircraft is valid in France, this means only NPPL and LAPL holders flying CofA aircraft to the CI MUST contact the Jersey ATC Supervisor in order to secure an arrival clearance/route which will enable the flight to remain in UK or Channel Island Airspace