Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
RipAndTear wrote:Isn't this how the film,Terminator started? AI and drones.....just saying.

R&T

Which is why I always say ' please and thank' you to Alexa.

This drives my wife mad!

G-JWTP

PS I just say it was because I was raised properly.
RipAndTear liked this
By GrahamB
G-JWTP wrote:

This drives my wife mad!

G-JWTP

You jest, but a friend who does occasional care of his grandchildren has noticed a dramatic change in their behaviour since the arrival of Alexa in their family’s ‘smart’ home.

It would seem that they’ve become so used to issuing commands in a curt, loud voice with no ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ that they now do it when talking to their parents at home, and their grandparents in a completely different setting. Impatience when grandpa doesn’t hear or understand them first time is another symptom.
By Lockhaven
GrahamB wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:

This drives my wife mad!

G-JWTP

You jest, but a friend who does occasional care of his grandchildren has noticed a dramatic change in their behaviour since the arrival of Alexa in their family’s ‘smart’ home.

It would seem that they’ve become so used to issuing commands in a curt, loud voice with no ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ that they now do it when talking to their parents at home, and their grandparents in a completely different setting. Impatience when grandpa doesn’t hear or understand them first time is another symptom.

I point blankly refuse to have anything like an Alexa in my home or on the property
JAFO, AndyR liked this
By 2Donkeys
Lockhaven wrote:I point blankly refuse to have anything like an Alexa in my home or on the property

Absolutely right. I am now worried about whether Bill or Melinda Gates will get to have access to my head once their divorce finalises. And don't get me started on 5G masts...
Lockhaven liked this