Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
NDB_hold wrote:
Maybe teach the AAIB how to set proofing language in Word?

That would be a waste of time. Even when set to 'English UK' my copy of Word 2013 doesn't pick this up.

Rob P
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What is the world coming to!

I have the privilege of looking after some locally based American cousins of your lot as they like to speak to an English speaking medic, as language and approach to medical issues is very different from what the locals have to offer. We frequently discuss the obvious language differences.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Having survived a nose dive impact relatively unscathed, one ‘lucky’ guy that that leaking fuel didn’t ignite. Not a lot of room for error at low height and low speed in an old aircraft with unforgiving stall characteristics.

Iceman 8)
Rob P, T6Harvard liked this
Interesting modern re-run of the near-identical accident that Lewis Benjamin had at this same aerodrome in 1963, in an almost identical aeroplane (the 'BE2' being made from Tiger Moth engine, fuselage and wings).

Great to see that the pilot survived and, by the sound of it, not too badly bashed up.

As noted on another thread, the Tiger Moth provides a pretty decent 'crash cell' for the pilot. I look forward to seeing both the pilot and the BE2 flying again.
Rob L wrote:
Kemble Pitts wrote:...As noted on another thread, the Tiger Moth provides a pretty decent 'crash cell' for the pilot. ...
(My Snip) But not for a front-seat passenger :(

Perhaps not when it spins into the ground, but show me one that does. Or even one that protects 'just' the pilot as well as this.