Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By NDB_hold
Must admit I have some sympathy with the pilot in this infringement's comment about notification fatigue.

https://airspacesafety.com/infringement-occurrences/

It’s made me think I need to look at SkyDemon's options and turn a lot of things off or make them less sensitive.

It’s not specifically a SkyDemon problem: similar things used to happen with my old Garmin Aera 500 and still do with the GTN650 (how many times do I leave 'MSG' flashing because I 'know' what the message is?)
By Charles Hunt
If the pilot had been using SD surely this would have been picked up both at route planning stage and in-flight with the 'vertical radar'.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
“This was a route that the pilot had flown many times before”. He should therefore have known the altitude restrictions and flow so as to avoid the controlled airspace.
If, as stated, “he wanted to fly high to enjoy the view”, why did he wait till past CPT and getting close to the well know altitude restriction before climbing, rather than climb high in the unrestricted airspace between Dunkeswell and CPT?

To my mind this guy :
a) didn’t take the time to learn how to use his moving map tool and
b) was probably flying along enjoying the view and not watching where he was (he would have flown past RAF Benson, Chalgrove, the M40 and Wycombe Air Park, all of which should have told him he was approaching the 2500 ft class A).
TopCat liked this
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
His planned route didn't miss Keevil by much, either. Not that that proves anything, he may have gone round it on the actual flight.