Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-JWTP wrote:Every time I look at these , I can't help thinking that it really is a ' Gucci' bit of kit.

G-JWTP

Crawled all over one which visited for RAF Marham Families Day a few years ago and chatted with rather tasty female pilot. Apparently easier to fly than you’d think. Cockpit is amazingly snug tho cargo bay quite capacious .
By T6Harvard
They are fascinating, aren't they? Another of those things that makes me marvell at the thought of the design proposal being put to a committee with the words 'Look, how about something like this?' :shock:

I got to explore inside cargo and cockpit at an airshow in Canada. Pilot was suitably enthusiastic (I didn't rate him on the tasty scale) but what struck me most was how 'care worn' the cockpit was. It had obviously had a hard life and stood upto it. I thought there was adequate room in there and it was very ergonomic, as you'd expect, but then I'm smaller than average :)
They let us take photos, in fact I'll try and find the file later.
By PeteSpencer
Rob P wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote: and chatted with rather tasty female pilot.

You really are going to have to stop licking random aircrew :lol:

Rob P

Every mil rotary craft I've crawled over in the last few years has had a female pilot.

I still remember the Wattish...................... :oops:
It is not the purpose of this civil aviation publication to consider the use of military helicopters at a hospital HLS. As many of the types routinely used by military services are heavy or extra-heavy helicopters, a design to incorporate military types may present particular challenges for the siting of an HLS at a hospital. Given the potentially low usage by military types, it may be prudent to consider a secondary helicopter landing site at or near the hospital which can be used on an occasional basis to accommodate military helicopters.

CAP 1264