Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
josher wrote:How do I attach a pdf?

Unfortunately it is not possible to attach a file to a forum post.

If it is hosted on the internet somewhere (i.e. it has a web link) then the easiest thing to do is to quote that link in a post.

If it isn't, PM me and I'll give you my email address so that I can host it for you.
By ChampChump
The Bodmin article has been passed on variously; seriously good work there.

I don't think the link above is it, but when I get back to the hovel I'll check, unless it appears meanwhile.

BTW, there's news and no news. PM for more if interested. Instant reply is unlikely... ;)
By Cessna571
May I suggest that when the airfield opens we don’t all fly in together the first weekend.

Which would give those complaining exactly what they want!

(Ok, so there would only be half a dozen of us probably, but you know what they’ll be like. )
ChampChump liked this
By Rob P
ChampChump wrote:The Bodmin article has been passed on variously; seriously good work there.

The Bodmin 'newsletter' section on wildlife is simply brilliant. It should be sent to every NIMBY who bangs on about wildlife and airstrips / airfields

Rob P
mick w, Paul_Sengupta, ChampChump and 2 others liked this
By kanga
Trent772 wrote:Jetfly, Luxemburg based. They have 14.... Is that a swarm ?

<linguist nerd drift :oops: >

The (Modern and Classical) Greek word for 'swarm' is σμήνος ; the official Modern Greek word for a squadron is ἐπιλαρχία (originally, as in English, of cavalry), but σμήνος is often used for one of aircraft :)

</>
By Zulu Bravo
The article in the latest Sep 2021 issue of the Light Aviation magazine pages 44-46 has an interesting article on how green is your airfield.

A well maintained airfield is the ideal habitat for insects especially pollinators and the flora etc that is associated with them.

Relaxing at the airfield listening to the song of a Skylark is a pretty nice experience.

And letting a bee out the cockpit only to have another one determinedly fly in the other side. :D
ChampChump, StratoTramp, Rob P and 1 others liked this
By Hooligan
I was airside at Heathrow a few years ago looking at some taxiway problems down near the 27L threshold and was intrigued to hear a skylark's magical song! Of all the birds in all the places...